Cost to run wiring and switches for a light bar?

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey friends,

Quick question. I got a BD X0n6 dual light bar and looking to run two switch from it to be mounted right next to the lighting switches to the left of the steering wheel. I live in Denver, CO and wondering what the cost should be and who to take it to. The wiring harness is super thick and just not that excited about trying to figure out how to get it through the firewall and switches mounted. Anyone who might know a good national reputable company, cost, and has 2 cents to throw in I'd appreciate it. Thanks

DMAX
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i dont know anyone you could go to unfortunately, but if the harness if huge....i would consider a custom harness that runs less wires into the cab using relays in the engine bay and grabbing power from the fuse panel.
that lets you run smaller wires to the switches and less wires as well.
someone who knows what they are doing should be able to do it at a reasonable price, but shop rates are shop rates. expect a few hours labor. find a local 4X4 shop, they would likely be best suited to help you or direct you to someone.
Thanks for the reply. Guessing 2/3 hours of shop time. The wiring harness has its own fuse and relay hence why it’s probably thick as all can be. I appreciate the response. If anyone has any info to help steer say a 4WP store installer in the right direction I’d appreciate it. I got ten feet of wire from batter to get to the switch. Might return the wire harnesses, but not sure if I wiring output for the lights is going to be a tricky on a 30inch light bar. No electrician here but usually handy. Done all the current mods myself but electrical this complicated has me stuck.

Aleut dude

First Name
Agafangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2wd Ranger XL
Occupation
Warehouseman
There is a rubber plug roughly under your heels in the driver's side footwell.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is a rubber plug roughly under your heels in the driver's side footwell.
I saw that, what's the best way to run it to such? From the battery go which way with the wiring. Any help appreciated.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
I’d call High Country Performance and chat with one of their people. They are in Englewood-
+1 (303) 761-7379
Sponsored