ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Gorilla lug nuts came in yesterday! UPS found my 2nd package for my bed rack! So that got dropped off too. I decided to buy a bed cover so that and the tent will have to wait to be installed until the cover comes in!

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

Wheels and tires came in! Got the rear Fox 2.0 suspension put on and got the rear wheels / tires mounted. Fronts will go on tonight. ALignment and tint tomorrow!

67703649989__DF373EFC-0899-491C-88A3-E624565A9EF2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
thats not what i mean... with led bulbs in a reflector housing the light is not shooting straight like it should its bouncing all over the place so its output is very very poor and not directed or has the proper cutoff that a projector has on it... have you ever been in front of a vehicle where it just has blinding white lights where it just looks like a blur instead of a nice condensed beam? ya thats usually leds in reflector housings....
They seem way brighter, the stock bulbs in the XLT are garbage. Isn't the light bouncing all around how the stock bulbs and reflectors too though? Projectors will be in my future, but probably next year.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
They seem way brighter, the stock bulbs in the XLT are garbage. Isn't the light bouncing all around how the stock bulbs and reflectors too though? Projectors will be in my future, but probably next year.
they are going to be way brighter but the problem is they are not directed leds work best in a projector that helps aim them. yes the stock halogen bulbs are in reflectors housings but they are designed to bounce around in a reflector plus they are not stupid bright so it wont blind oncoming traffic . even a projector with a halogen is better then a reflector housing. i fully agree the oem headlights on the xlt suck im use to leds in projectors and these headlights are just awful. going to projectors eventually in either 1. a retrofit or 2. aftermarket headlights or 3. oem lariat would be the best option and i plan to do it eventually as well

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
My computer was broken for a bit, but in the meantime, I got the ReTrax tonneau cover, OVS bed rack, RTR fender flares and Ironman Nomad RTT on! It was a busy week last week!

IMG_E2410.JPG

Also got my new fridge all set up in the bed! IceCo VL series 60 Pro, powered in the bed by the WolfHaus bed power kit.

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

I've got several sets of lights showing up today for the bed rack, some area camp lights, some chase lights, and some bed lights. Going to mount the switches directly in the bed near the tail light. It'll look pretty sweet once I'm done!

I also need to order a set of factory Tremor leaf springs or consider the ICon/ARB/OME leaf springs. I'm getting some sag from the tent and all the camping gear in the rear.

Enjoy a few pics from this past weekend's trip along the CO BDR.

IMG_E2476.JPG

IMG_E2486.JPG

IMG_E2505.JPG

IMG_E2514.JPG

IMG_E2519.JPG

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My computer was broken for a bit, but in the meantime, I got the ReTrax tonneau cover, OVS bed rack, RTR fender flares and Ironman Nomad RTT on! It was a busy week last week!

IMG_E2410.JPG

Also got my new fridge all set up in the bed! IceCo VL series 60 Pro, powered in the bed by the WolfHaus bed power kit.

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

I've got several sets of lights showing up today for the bed rack, some area camp lights, some chase lights, and some bed lights. Going to mount the switches directly in the bed near the tail light. It'll look pretty sweet once I'm done!

I also need to order a set of factory Tremor leaf springs or consider the ICon/ARB/OME leaf springs. I'm getting some sag from the tent and all the camping gear in the rear.

Enjoy a few pics from this past weekend's trip along the CO BDR.

IMG_E2476.JPG

IMG_E2486.JPG

IMG_E2505.JPG

IMG_E2514.JPG

IMG_E2519.JPG
you got any front on pics with the flares on? im wondering how your offset looks with those flares because i want them badly!

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
you got any front on pics with the flares on? im wondering how your offset looks with those flares because i want them badly!
Fitment is dead on with +0 offset 9.5s

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Installed the switch panel for the bed rack lights tonight. Got the power wires ran back to it, now just need to mount the lights and run the wires to them!

CA7B5521-7B24-46C4-8231-B38D98284AA6.jpeg

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Fitment is dead on with +0 offset 9.5s

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg
gotcha gotcha looks good thanks for the pics man trying to see what my -10s would look like haha but they are smaller wheels at 8.5"

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
So I hear the term “ overlanding” a lot. What happened to off-roading?

It’s like you can have an over water setup option too.

Makes no sense to me.. ?

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
So I hear the term “ overlanding” a lot. What happened to off-roading?

It’s like you can have an over water setup option too.

Makes no sense to me.. ?
lots of people see it as the same thing, lots of people see them totally differently.

to me “off-roading” is rock crawling, mudding, very difficult / technical trails, and the like.

while “overlanding” is a form of travel, specifically long term. We have been all over, from Inuvik to Ushuaia and everywhere in between!

the builds are usually much much different, where an “off-road” built rig may have 40s, 1 ton axles, and lots of armor, an “overlanding“ build usually has a built in sleeping quarters, extra large fuel tank and space for on board water and cooking.

we plan to take this rig along the Pan-American highway in 2 years so we’ll be living and traveling in it full time for about 3 years. Then off to Africa! So it’s an “overland” build.

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Added the Terrain Management switch today! NOw just need an ARB locker =]

IMG_2618.jpg