Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Hi folks,

I'm a Car Play newbie and I'm having trouble sending new text messages. I receive them fine and can respond to texts that I receive. But, when I try to send a new text, after I tell Siri what I want to say, I don't get the screen that says Send. It just times out.

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: I sort of figured it out.....I have to start my message with "Hey Siri"....with that at the start of my message, the Send/Change screen pops up. Then I change the message to get rid of the "Hey Siri". Two step process, but it works. I won't be texting much. I should mention that my phone is pretty old (iPhone 8), so I'm sure that's part of the problem.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Truman52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Ops manager
I just click on the Siri button and say send text message to….

And she asks what I want to say. Or if i dont press the Siri button I can just say hey Siri…send text message to…. It works either way.

OP
OP
AzureRanger

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I just click on the Siri button and say send text message to….

And she asks what I want to say. Or if i dont press the Siri button I can just say hey Siri…send text message to…. It works either way.
Yeah...for some reason, after she asks me what I want to say, my message doesn't register unless I start it with Hey Siri. Then I push change and repeat it without Hey Siri. Strange.
Sponsored