OP
IngotTexasRanger

IngotTexasRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to replace the whole setup, may as well get the Eibach's. Not only can you set them to level the front, but everyone who has installed them and reported back rave about the much improved ride quality.

They are probably the next item on my "So what do I want to do to it this week and piss my wife off with?" mod list.
Definitely gonna look into something like that here perhaps quicker than I had hoped, I planned on saving up for it slowly but looks like I might have to eat rice and beans for the next couple weeks to make sure my truck looks good and handles even better haha! I know it’s a truck and completely different purposes but the handling is so much worse than my mustang I traded in for the ranger, definitely night and day and would love to make it a little better.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Just be sure to research the vendor you choose before ordering. There have been reports of some shipment issues about missing items and long shipping times forum members as of late.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey y'all,

I ran into a little issue today while installing my leveling kit. My torque wrench managed to malfunction and didn't click on the very last bolt which managed to snap it right in half. I'm not sure if I'm calling it by the right name but it would be one of the 2 long 18mm studs that go through the lower control arm, and my google searches pull up nothing and ford's parts website is no help either. I have attached a picture of the stud and (yes it is not the OEM assembly but its as close as I could find quickly on google) a picture of the part I would be referring to. Would anyone happen to know the part number or generic/universal size for that specific stud, and perhaps if it could be ordered from oreilly or other parts store? Sorry for the lack of good information as I am just throwing this out there before I go to sleep, very tired from this late night install nightmare.

Thanks a bunch.

IMG_1300.JPG
FOX19Ranger2.0Coilovers_01.jpg

Hi ITR,

Damnit! My 45 year old Craftsman Torque wrench broke last night. Something in the body broke and now the adjustment just freewheels. New Snap on on order now. $160 from Amazon....Sheesh...you jinxed me! ?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That sucks.. I can't tell you how many times Craftsman torque wrenches have failed on me. So much so I quit replacing them and went with a Snap-on as well. Have not had an issue since and that wrench is about 10 years old now.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I have had great luck with my Snap-on torque wrench. I've had it for 30 years and had it re calibrated and it keeps on ticking.

OP
OP
IngotTexasRanger

IngotTexasRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey y’all,

One more update: Managed to find the hardware needed (I used a M12x1.75x80mm, a 70mm would work just as good) at tractor supply co and rig up a temporary fix with a ferrule we had laying around in there towards the head of the bolt where the splines are to keep vibration to a minimum, washer, nut, and loctite. Trying to keep the driving to a minimum until I can decide to possibly get another oem bolt or upgrade to nicer aftermarket suspension. It works well so far, checked it after every drive and no change in the torque. Once again forgot to take pictures throughout the process but it was pretty simple and straightforward; did it in the middle of the day in this Texas heat and almost passed out 3 times trying to bare the heat haha. But we’re back on the road and leveled! Need to get it fixed properly within the week and then tires and alignment. Toe is pretty bad after installing this kit

B6442FA9-9095-4EC4-B17A-DBE6F24798C6.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: