First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Starting a query here, what do other members here pay to register their Ranger in your locale?

Attached is my latest document, notice that this is what I pay annually

Granted, I am assessed a yearly fee of $45 for vanity plates, but is anyone else's anywhere near $477 ?

I do believe that Hawaii's drivers pay the most to register their vehicles in the nation, or pretty darn close to it!

$$.jpg

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
I pay $185/yr for my "Specialty" personalized license plate sticker.

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
I think its about $250-$300 every two years here in NY for a "passenger" vehicle. last time i had to renew is was part of transferring my reg from my old truck, so the fee was pro-rated, thats why I dont remember exactly what it normally is.

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
When my Ranger arrives later this year, I anticipate $700 for my first year registration.

Now you're thinking, $700!?!?!?!?! Key word though is first year registration, and that's because in Colorado, your plate fees and first year reg aren't included in the vehicle purchase. You pay that to the individual counties and that is typically 90 days later. I also anticipate this being somewhat cheaper as I will have a plate credit from my current vehicle on trade-in (though that amount remains to be seen). This is why on my first year of reg on my Yamaha MT09, it was $250.

After this, I anticipate probably $250 a year for annual registration on the ranger and about $50 - $75 for the MT09(fingers crossed).

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
Starting a query here, what do other members here pay to register their Ranger in your locale?

Attached is my latest document, notice that this is what I pay annually

Granted, I am assessed a yearly fee of $45 for vanity plates, but is anyone else's anywhere near $477 ?

I do believe that Hawaii's drivers pay the most to register their vehicles in the nation, or pretty darn close to it!

$$.jpg
That looks about right. I pay the same.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
512.00 in CA for 2021 Ranger
Then I stand corrected, Hawaii may be the second highest nationwide.
However, if you consider the many third world like road surfaces we must endure here in Honolulu, I may still be correct.
It's common knowledge here that the state and city governments purposely maintain a main corridor from the airport to Waikiki in somewhat decent condition. Many, many tourist travel this route either by rental car, cabs or tour busses.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
When my Ranger arrives later this year, I anticipate $700 for my first year registration.

Now you're thinking, $700!?!?!?!?! Key word though is first year registration, and that's because in Colorado, your plate fees and first year reg aren't included in the vehicle purchase. You pay that to the individual counties and that is typically 90 days later. I also anticipate this being somewhat cheaper as I will have a plate credit from my current vehicle on trade-in (though that amount remains to be seen). This is why on my first year of reg on my Yamaha MT09, it was $250.

After this, I anticipate probably $250 a year for annual registration on the ranger and about $50 - $75 for the MT09(fingers crossed).
$250 a year for the Ranger, good luck with that, I think you will be paying much more and every year the geniuses in charge find some new fees to tack on, the latest proposal which may have already been enacted is to add $29 across the board and we'd get free entrance to state parks.
And get ready for additional gas cost when the EPA declares Denver a serious air polluter, gas will go up an estimated .40 to .50 per gallon.
But tis a privilege to be gouged in CO.

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
$250 a year for the Ranger, good luck with that, I think you will be paying much more and every year the geniuses in charge find some new fees to tack on, the latest proposal which may have already been enacted is to add $29 across the board and we'd get free entrance to state parks.
And get ready for additional gas cost when the EPA declares Denver a serious air polluter, gas will go up an estimated .40 to .50 per gallon.
But tis a privilege to be gouged in CO.

I did just double check on the State Parks thing, and you are right to an extent. They, at the least, are giving us the option to OPT OUT on the State Parks fee, though for people who go to the State Parks all the time, $29 compared to $80 or so for the annual pass is a steal.

I am curious, what are your registration fees looking like? Just to give me an idea of what I am in for.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I did just double check on the State Parks thing, and you are right to an extent. They, at the least, are giving us the option to OPT OUT on the State Parks fee, though for people who go to the State Parks all the time, $29 compared to $80 or so for the annual pass is a steal.

I am curious, what are your registration fees looking like? Just to give me an idea of what I am in for.
I think for my 2019 lariat I paid around $460 for 2022 reg , below is a ink to larimer county which should be similar to denver, I used to live in Jeffco, moved to Archelletta County and my reg was just $10 less than Jeffco. What you see in CO owing to TABOR restricting the ability to raise taxes without voter approval is fees being added on wherever possible. Ballot measures to raise taxes for edu, roads, etc have been consistently rejected by voters.

https://www.larimer.org/clerk/vehiclelicensing/registration/registration_fees
Sponsored