First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Installed my HN Customs gauge pod mount this afternoon. Fit and finish of this handmade piece is incredible. 10/10 and worth the wait.

Here are some pics of the install. Had to drill a hole in the dash to route the wires to the OBD port. Took my time and it came out great.

IMG_8802.jpeg

IMG_8803.jpeg

IMG_8804.jpeg

IMG_8808.jpeg
I purchased the Banks iDash recently thanks to your post lol. But I have a few questions about your install. Did you end up removing side panel on dash? If so how? Or did you drill the hole and fish the wire through to OBD port? I have vent pod also. Just waiting on delivery. I just want to run wires and be ready. I’ve already removed all trim any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Edit: just read the other post I’m going to try to stick my hand up and feel the bit

IMG_0087.jpeg
IMG_0086.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr3wDrop

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I purchased the Banks iDash recently thanks to your post lol. But I have a few questions about your install. Did you end up removing side panel on dash? If so how? Or did you drill the hole and fish the wire through to OBD port? I have vent pod also. Just waiting on delivery. I just want to run wires and be ready. I’ve already removed all trim any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Edit: just read the other post I’m going to try to stick my hand up and feel the bit

IMG_0087.jpeg
IMG_0086.jpeg
It’s certainly awkward but that was the best way i could figure how to do it.

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
It’s certainly awkward but that was the best way i could figure how to do it.
Definitely the best way glad you did it first. Had to drill 7/16 hole didn’t want to look for step bit. Was a pain to get connector though hole

IMG_0090.jpeg
IMG_0089.jpeg
IMG_0091.jpeg

Now just waiting on AeroForce vent pod

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Yours popped out too? My vent was glued in, had to chop bit by bit out with an exacto knife. The aeropod is nice though.

That reminds me, Banks is supposed to release a transmission temp update for this gauge soon. "Spring 2024".

OP
OP
Dr3wDrop

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Yours popped out too? My vent was glued in, had to chop bit by bit out with an exacto knife. The aeropod is nice though.

That reminds me, Banks is supposed to release a transmission temp update for this gauge soon. "Spring 2024".
Fingers are crossed for the update but not holding my breath.

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter

Yeah mine popped out just pushed front clip came right out. And I hope they release that soon part of the reason I bought it want to monitor trans temp too.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
Yeah mine popped out just pushed front clip came right out. And I hope they release that soon part of the reason I bought it want to monitor trans temp too.
the lariat will pop out all the rest are glued in.
Sponsored