First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Thanks Tony, I wondered the same thing about heat killing them, it is possible. I also think it possible the bulbs don't like running at the lower voltage in DRL mode (which I turned off). Rather than fuss with the warranty, I will likely return the old bulbs in the new box, same difference.
Sponsored

Ace

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
IMG_20210516_150046.jpg

Been using Auxito for about a year and a half and found my passenger side low beam failed a few days ago. Figure it was still under warranty and contacted Auxito through Amazon. It took a few more days to respond to my request and was left with question from Auxito regarding "what happened?" Really didn't have time to deal with it for the simple fact that I do not want to be driving around with a non working headlamp. So I ended up just buying a new set. Figured for the price point, I made my money's worth. Still worth while upgrade from OEM. Their customer service could definitely use some work though.

OP
OP
GitRDone

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Return your old Auxito bulbs to Amazon in the new boxes for a refund, and let Amazon deal with the vendor.

Edit: The Auxito low beam replacement bulbs I purchased look to be an upgrade from the previous set, so I will not be returning the old ones. As you can see, the new set have an inline module built in.
IMG_20230316_174457_HDR.jpg

Perhaps someone can weigh in on its function, but I'm guessing the module may help attenuate the lower voltage in DRL mode. The low beam housings appear to have ample air space to vent the bulbs, even with the modules tucked in there.
IMG_20230316_180231_HDR.jpg
The locking tabs on the new bulb (on right) are identical in orientation to the previous design, so the installed bulb still ends up slightly clocked from 0° vertical. But the beam pattern and spread looks good, as before. Going to leave the DRL feature off for good, and hope for a long service life.
Sponsored

Last edited: