First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
I installed Auxito low, high and fog light bulbs in my XLT about a year ago. Been super happy with them, excellent light spread and never get flashed. However, last night I turned my fogs off and noticed that the low beams were barely lighting the road. Almost seems like it is in DRL mode, although during the day the DRLs are no longer working (lights are on Auto setting). Any suggestions before I replace the bulbs?
Sponsored

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Just curious, do you run your low beams in DRL mode?

I doubt that you are anywhere near the 30,000 hour rating.

Auxito offers a 24 month warranty. Contact though Amazon if you purchased from them, or email to [email protected]

Send pictures of the base and LED Profile with chips facing camera, as well as your Order details. If you still have the product manual the info is on page 9.

Before doing any of the above I'd install the original bulbs and see if they function normally. IOW, isolate the problem to the Auxito bulbs.

Best of luck!

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I had this exact issue last winter. I had my first set installed about a year before they started doing this. I think it started with just one of them and then once the second bulb went dim I could really notice it. I never left the city during that time so it was a bit harder to pick up. I just ended up buying the exact replacement and so far they have been good again. I do get the odd flicker from them and I’m guessing that is how this starts and soon enough these will go dim too.
I do like the brightness and beam pattern these provide, I never got flashed either, but I might need to try another brand.
Ive kept my stock halogen headlights under my rear seat in case I’m on the road and these go out. They’re very easy to change if need be.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I do get the odd flicker from them
I get this too an I just installed them. I'm thinking in my case it's when I back out of the garage an they are jumping from drl to low beam mode controlled by the truck. I see it on the garage door.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not seen a problem yet with flicker, but also don't enable DRLs. We'll see if mine start misbehaving in another 6 months.

Last edited:

OP
OP
GitRDone

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Thanks for the replies, glad I'm not alone with this issue. Hard to say when the problem started, the fogs are so bright I never noticed when the low beams went dim. But I never noticed any flickering and have about 10,000 miles on the conversion.

As far as DRL, it is enabled (or at least I have never disabled it), but it is no longer working. I'm wondering if the reduced voltage in DRL mode could have compromised the LED bulb life. After replacing the bulbs, I may just disable it completely, I won't miss it. Can this be done through the truck settings, or will I need Forscan?

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been mulling over your Auxito LEDs flickering and then going dim. I was using a very high powered LED light while working on my truck. It began to sporadically flicker and after about 10 minutes the light went out. Battery weak and needed charging.

Before investing in another set, it might be wise to check the condition of your battery. Rangers have a nasty habit of undercharging the battery.

I'd charge my battery and then try my lights again. I had problems with my battery going under voltage and only charging to 50% capacity. It is supposed to charge to 70%-75%, but mine was consistently lower than that.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
GitRDone

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Excellent, thanks for the info and will check my battery. Besides voltage, how are you able to test the battery % capacity?

Last edited:

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With truck not running and having sat over night voltage should be at a minimum 12.5V.

You can get very good info from an inexpensive tester like this Harbor Freight Viking unit.

Or take it by your local auto parts store and they will generally test it for free.

Or simply charge the battery overnight, and see if it corrects the problem.

The chart below shows the battery charge percentage based upon the voltage of the battery.

1678775378962.png

Also after you have started the truck measure the battery voltage at idle. Your alternator should raise the battery voltage.

This may be your best bet! (It won't hurt your truck or battery)
As a test you can unplug the BMS sensor located on the negative battery terminal (Do this with the truck off). It is the little cable plugged into the black box on the negative battery post. Squeeze the release tab on the connector and pull. Then start your truck.

This will raise your charge voltage to over 14v when you start the truck. Verify with a voltmeter. Then turn on your headlights and see if they are still dim. If they are, the problem is not due to low voltage and is most likely the Auxito LEDs.

With BMS cable connected voltage will most likely be in a range of 12.5 - 13v. Ford likes the battery to be only 70%-75% charged for gas savings,

With BMS sensor disconnected > 14 - 14.5v. This is the standard charge rate used on older vehicles. If it is higher than 14.5 your battery is in a weakened state of charge.

Best of Luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
GitRDone

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Good info, thanks. I will report back with findings.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
one of my auxito bulbs started going out on me and it presented as unusual dimness that took some time to identify. you see this occasionally on other cars with LED bulbs here and there. they've got one light that's oddly dim compared to the other. premature failure of sorts. I see it more with the higher powered LED bulbs than with the DRL strips and whatnot, and definitely on factory headlights.

also sometimes on LED taillights, where some of the lights die out (probably some electrical connection on those, I'd bet).

this is one reason why I'm leery of spending a ton on aftermarket headlight housings with nonreplaceable bulbs.

OP
OP
GitRDone

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Interesting, and weird that both of my low beam bulbs are equal in brightness (or in this case, dimness). Re the battery, standing overnight voltage measured 12.5 and after starting 14.7 (BMS connected). I have new bulbs arriving today, we will see how they do long term with DRL disabled. Thanks all for help.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They may last longer if you turn off the DRL option. Even if you had them on 2 hours a day every day for a year you are still only talking 730 hours. I wonder if heat is killing them... it is a tight fit and they are close to the dust cover.

I now know what to look forward to in a year or so. I only use my headlights at night. I use parking and fogs in daylight rain.

The Auxitos are rated for 30K hours and have a 24 month warranty. You should be nowhere near your LED hour rating. And if you are within the warranty period your replacements should be free.
Sponsored