Vehicle Showcase
The system is not trackable either way.
Sponsored

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
What do you mean? Some posts ago you were quoting a dealership statement, now you seem convinced. Is there more information you've found meanwhile?

tentspast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Old thread I know but I though I'd chime in with my own experience with the TDI Tuning triple channel tuning box from the UK. It has been great and delivers a lot more mid range torque, feels like it flattens out the torque curve and makes it a lot more driveable. I did get a CEL for over pressure on the fuel rail when it was on it's highest setting so I dialled it back to mid setting. Eventually I'll go to a proper remap when it has clocked a few more miles but for now the chip is fine.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for posting back! How do you know the CEL was caused by the pressure on the rail?
I have also installed a Racechip on my 2.2, yet I have not driven it a lot. It definitely seems a lighter car. On map6 and 7 I can hear more of the high pitch cold diesel engine clatter. More turbo sound too.
The TDI chip promisees a lot of increase especially in HP. For my engine, RC claims 190hp while TDI claims 211. Huge difference compared to the stock 160hp.

tentspast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Thank you for posting back! How do you know the CEL was caused by the pressure on the rail?
I have also installed a Racechip on my 2.2, yet I have not driven it a lot. It definitely seems a lighter car. On map6 and 7 I can hear more of the high pitch cold diesel engine clatter. More turbo sound too.
The TDI chip promisees a lot of increase especially in HP. For my engine, RC claims 190hp while TDI claims 211. Huge difference compared to the stock 160hp.
Checked the code with Forscan. It happened twice on the highway under full throttle.
All the tuning box companies tend to way over exaggerate their power increase claims, I think the Racechip claim sounds more accurate. A remap usually gets better results but then you can't resell it and it's traceable.
I looked at the Racechip for my Biturbo as well but TDI tuning had a good Black Friday sale on so I went with them. Is your 2.2 a manual or auto?

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! It is a manual.
Sponsored