Amazon falling asleep at the wheel.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Fair enough. My last comment may have been unreasonable. Either way, people who drive for work shouldn't be permitted to damage company or public/private property without recompense. The truck I saw was pretty beat up. I'm sure Amazon has a rigorous selection process for most jobs. I think companies ought to treat their employees well enough that they elect not to attempt unionization. I work in manufacturing and have yet to have to work with a union and hope not to for the foreseeable future.
I think you missed the point were a union is the only „organisation“ wich is (theoretically) able to fight for ur interests as a employee against politics and tycoons… and yes I know about the american reservations and the trust in individual freedom/responsibility… but at the end you are nothing until you are a zillionaire. we all know that has nothing to do with hard work, i hope.

</politics>
Sponsored

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think @JTDay has a valid point. As someone that comes in contact with Amazon package delivery drivers in Amazon branded trucks, independent contractor trucks, and the gig-drivers in their personal vehicles on dozens of occasions every week, I can attest to the lack of care that Amazon drivers of all types have for their equipment, but also the lack of care they have for themselves as a general rule. I see them show up in badly battered trucks and personal cars, I see them in varying degrees of casual dress, right down to pj's and flip flops (gig drivers, mostly). Those that are driving the vans are in extreme casual dress more often than not, and rarely in anything that can be identified as a "uniform".

What I also notice many times from my work interaction with a lot of Amazon (and other package delivery personnel like DHL, OnTrac/Next Day) is that their ability to read and comprehend is not at what one would expect for someone that has to read and comprehend for a living. MANY packages delivered to the wrong streets AND addresses (subsequently returned to my guardhouse for proper distribution), and when I have the opportunity to speak to some of these folks I am amazed that they found their way to work at all, as they can't even seem to be able to read aloud to me a proper street address in order to get directions to the homes. It is SAD to me that so many people have been allowed to graduate with such a lack of ability to do the simplest of things like read an address.

Yes, I vote (although I don't see the relevance). No, I don't care if things I order (which I rarely do) come overnight or not. I'm a patient man most days. And I'm a former Teamster truck driver (Roadway Express and Preston Trucking)...for whatever any of that matters.

Thanks all for indulging me today.
Chris
I couldn‘t complain about amazon delivery here in europe. these are mac-jobs without the smell of fry fat and the people have the responsibility they are paid for…
the relevance is, politics made that kind of jobs great… ?
Bezos just shows capitalism the stinking finger all the time while getting richer and richer and nobody noticed that point. I am shure he still couldn‘t believe his luck.

-politics out-

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two day Prime shipping is a thing of the past. Four days is normal and no guarantee you will get your package then. Two day delivery was the best thing about Prime and dependable service....not anymore. Getting too big for their britches.
at my place „overnight“ is quite usual… but amazon pays far more than the minimum wage here in europe... about 3€ here in germany. Could be a reason.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this all all I can say about him

JEFF BEZOS THANKS AMAZON WORKERS AND CUSTOMERS FOR PAYING FOR HIS TRIP TO SPACE

his a pompous prick
yes, but he did not made the rules he plays after… ?