First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
If you read some of the threads for those (I'm one of them) that bought the Smartcap and it came with small plugs for the wiring. They are not used in the USA. They said it was the plug they use in Africa where it is made. Probably everywhere but the USA. Had to splice the wires. No biggie, just for the 3rd brake light anyway. I don't think you would want to do that for all the wires.
Thanks but I ended up buying a used slightly cracked light and patching it up then tinting it. There are tons of aftermarket tail lights for the 5g ranger but there are 2 problems. Wiring is one of them which would be an easy fix. But the big one is I am 99% sure they won't fit in the housing. If you look at all the pictures of aftermarket tails they are from non US spec rangers. And if you look closely, you will see that our tails have the slightest angle on the top corner closest to the front. Non US spec rangers curve from that corner into a 90° down. Ours from the top have an angle before they turn down. That's the main reason I decided not to buy for an overseas ranger. I spoke to a few of those companies and offered them my old tail if they wanted to use it as a template but no bites.
Sponsored

Reactions: CHS