First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
So I cracked my tail light last week. Told my insurance company that I would repair it myself, went to Ford and they want an arm and a leg for a new one (1200). Nevermind lol. But before I went through my insurance I got on eBay and found some options. They come from china or Thailand and are much cheaper. I've emailed the vendors and 2 out of 3 said that they fit our US ranger just fine. The last asked me to send a picture of mine. Should I pull the trigger and get one? I think the smoked ones look cool anyway. Here's the links to 2 of them:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Smoke-...e&pageci=e60f7b28-174e-47e1-87f2-3a1485bef9fb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tail-Signa...e&pageci=359388d8-18b5-4ecd-9b9b-6b7079e85254
Sponsored

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I dont think they have the spot for the blind spot radar. I think you're SOL if you the factory LED tail lights.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Not in a million years

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I dont think they have the spot for the blind spot radar. I think you're SOL if you the factory LED tail lights.
Honestly I think I can do without the blis. As long as the main light plugs are compatible I'm fine with it. Maybe I could Dremel out a spot for the blis lol. Do you think the plugs are compatible? I think I'll email them back and ask them for a picture of their plugs.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
If it's a hairline crack, I'd put tint on the lens covers for the tail lights and be done with it. I'm doing that anyway for the aesthetics. $1200 for a tail light assembly...are we in the twilight zone or what?

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
If it's a hairline crack, I'd put tint on the lens covers for the tail lights and be done with it. I'm doing that anyway for the aesthetics. $1200 for a tail light assembly...are we in the twilight zone or what?
I agree. It's kind of messed up that it costs so much and it's not modular. A pair of these tail lights is worth 1/15 Of the whole truck lol. Worth 1/3 of an entire 2.3l crate engine! Unfortunately it's not a hairline crack.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Plenty of crashed Rangers with a tail light looking for a new home...

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I've looked on the interwebs and some of them want full price for a used one. I've seen some as low as 500. What a deal. That might be the route I go.

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
The picture they sent me of their plugs. I'll be checking mine before the week is up. I saw on another that that they bought overseas taillights and they were small... Checking dimensions as well.

s-l1600.jpg

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
One thing I learned is NOT to buy anything that is shipped directly from China. If you have to return it it will cost you hundreds of dollars. That's if it is even possible. I have been there and will never do it again.
PayPal and Discover are worthless at helping you out also.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Check out @LevittownFordParts.com they are usually priced better than anyone else and message Benny for a discount code. I highly recommend them over anywhere else.

Edit: here are the links to both. I did not see what side you needed.
Left side
Right side

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I have tried 4 sets of aftermarket... 2 from thailand and 2 from australia, none of them work, our taillight has a slighlty different shape, mounting point, and the plug is totally different.

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I have tried 4 sets of aftermarket... 2 from thailand and 2 from australia, none of them work, our taillight has a slighlty different shape, mounting point, and the plug is totally different.
Thanks, I actually looked closer and realized the different shape on the top left curve. I've decided to buy one off a member.

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
The picture they sent me of their plugs. I'll be checking mine before the week is up. I saw on another that that they bought overseas taillights and they were small... Checking dimensions as well.

s-l1600.jpg
If you read some of the threads for those (I'm one of them) that bought the Smartcap and it came with small plugs for the wiring. They are not used in the USA. They said it was the plug they use in Africa where it is made. Probably everywhere but the USA. Had to splice the wires. No biggie, just for the 3rd brake light anyway. I don't think you would want to do that for all the wires.
Sponsored