jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have the standard sync 3 and think the sounds is decent enough. I just wish there was a little more bass to balance things out.

I figured if the B&O system has a sub, it should not be too difficult to add an after market. Does anyone know how/where the B&O sub is installed?

Would a powered sub like the JBL BassPro SL or Kicker 11HS8 Hideaway an option? Are they any good?
Sponsored

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I have the standard sync 3 and think the sounds is decent enough. I just wish there was a little more bass to balance things out.

I figured if the B&O system has a sub, it should not be too difficult to add an after market. Does anyone know how/where the B&O sub is installed?

Would a powered sub like the JBL BassPro SL or Kicker 11HS8 Hideaway an option? Are they any good?
The sub is behind the back seat.

OP
OP

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The sub is behind the back seat.
Any chance you have a picture. I see on the back driver side there is place on the flow that looks like a mounting point. I just wonder if this is where Ford bolts the sub.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance you have a picture. I see on the back driver side there is place on the flow that looks like a mounting point. I just wonder if this is where Ford bolts the sub.
Here's a couple from mine.

IMG-5908.JPG

IMG-5909.JPG

OP
OP

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
interesting - it looks like it has a wave guide - thanks for the pics!

DarkRelms

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xl SXT package

This is what i did to mine.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/20190306_184239-jpg.5620/

OP
OP

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

DarkRelms

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xl SXT package
I haven't made my box yet. The one in the pic is prefab from Rockford. To get it to fit I had to cut the back carpet. but yes the biggest u can get back there is a 10 shallow

Rangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I also had this question a couple weeks back and came across DarkRelms' post. That led me to purchase this Pioneer prefab box https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQTU3SA and this Pioneer shallow-mount sub https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054REBYK.

This was the thinnest box i could find, even more so than the one by Rockford. It should also fit by cutting off some protruding carpet on the passenger side. Mine is being installed Monday after which I'll upload some pics.
Sponsored