Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
You dont kno me and i take offence to your bullshit running your mouth. any fool, except you obviously knows no matter how 'good' a shop is you will never be able to shoot a section to 100% match. saying it will proves you are a novice. Ive seen vehicles painted on the factory line that 2 weeks later tho supposedly the same color dont match 100%. spray nozzles degrade, get replaced/cleaned. particulate ratios vary just enough. So suk it you little piss ant POS.
Ok check your big talking attitude at the door chief. Again, sounds like you were around a low quality, second rate shop. They are not all like what you experienced. Nothing is 100% in life and nothing is perfect of course but a talented, well equipped, and competent pro can match is so damn close to perfect that it basically is..perfect. I'm sure you have seen all kinds of bullshit come out of that shop sure, and I'm sorry you never got to see real quality.
Sponsored

Rowdy Ranger

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lighting Blue Ranger
Occupation
Certified Welder
After 41 days, which is the magic number, you'll care less about it.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OK here’s an example. This color has two kinds of metallic additives in it. As you can see from the test panels even in these photos it did not match at all at first but we stayed with it. Now tell me this color does not match. Does it match absolutely 100%? No. If you can tell it does not match you’ve got better eyes than me. would I be happy with this car? Absolutely.

AB239929-C379-41EF-ACE9-B0F404298E22.jpeg

35185DA8-1F22-4C2C-8895-A98FFB8E38FA.jpeg

FD34F906-F36A-48E4-8EC1-C6E989375A33.jpeg

11EA30D2-D5AB-4BB8-90DF-C6D9F61E07A3.jpeg

3AB92852-3AAE-4CE1-9823-C5EFB09E5B91.jpeg

CA2AB0BF-DA8C-485C-949B-62E9267722F9.jpeg

CA2CAD8E-792A-45F6-8865-E4DD1A51D214.jpeg

2B08B425-3EA6-4DD3-82F5-80E8AD658A30.jpeg

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And we’re just a goofy school. Imagine what a big shop with better equipment and better trained and even more experienced people can do. Yes auto body work gets hated on sometimes because of hacks and shade tree guys giving it a bad name. Pros aren’t like that though.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
In fact: Hey nicktheequilizer (if that is your REAL name..) tell me which panels we painted in the finished photo. Hint: its only 2 panels.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Hey guys, I've been reading your posts about factory paint flaws and misaligned hoods, panels, doors, etc. I feel fortunate that I haven't experienced any of these problems yet. Have looked over all of the paint in sunlight from every angle and so far have not seen any distortion or flaws. Likewise on body alignments...nothing noticeable. Maybe the people and assembly machines were having good days at the plant when my Truck was in the process of being built ;). Paint chips are another issue. Have 2 tiny ones on the inside of edge of each door where I opened them in the garage onto objects. It seemed they chipped too easily. So far no others, so I started the protection process by putting on an AVS Bugflector II for now. PS: My 2011 Ranger also had good body alignments and excellent paint.

Front Angle.jpg

Back Angle.jpg

Side.jpg

Last edited:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
someones in the sauce a little early today.... ?
All i know is the neighborhood I grew up in if you cast aspersions or question someone's integrity out of turn you best be ready for a F'n beat down. Thats my line on the ground, I think its great that we have spirited and funny conversations but I know none of you on a personal level and none of you know me that way. So when someone like our friend runs his mouth that way I'm going to call him out.
I've said my peace.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OK OK you’re awesome, your neighborhood is awesome, and the shop you grew up in is awesome. However the statement you made “paint can NEVER be matched“ is bullshit. So I’m gonna call you out on that bullshit.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
To the point of fixing that particular flaw. I wouldn't touch it. I'm the first to admit how anal I am and things bug me. But, over the years I've realized I need to just get over it. In a year or 2 you'll have dings and scratches and realize it's just a truck, as hard as it is to look past it today.

daddy let me drive

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 jeep TJ wrangler, 2021 ford ranger FX4 sCrew
Occupation
retired
But, over the years I've realized I need to just get over it. In a year or 2 you'll have dings and scratches and realize it's just a truck, as hard as it is to look past it today.
you're describing my current state of mind. I keep driving my old jeep to go to home depot or grocery store. My new truck just sits in the garage...a virgin.

how many days will I suffer this "stupid" ?

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
you're describing my current state of mind. I keep driving my old jeep to go to home depot or grocery store. My new truck just sits in the garage...a virgin.

how many days will I suffer this "stupid" ?
I'll let you know! Mine is sitting in the garage with ~380 miles.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
I recently purchased a 2021 Ranger XLT sport 4 x 4. While washing it last week I noticed a factory paint flaw. The color is carbonized grey metallic. The flaw is only noticeable under certain light conditions. Here are some pictures so you can see exactly what I am talking about. As you can see in the pics it’s a vertical line that appears to be darker than the paint job itself. under certain light conditions you can barely see it unless you know where to look for it. It’s under the clearcoat. When I took it up to the Ford body shop to have them look at it to see what could be done they say the only option is to break the factory paint seal and repaint it which I’m not that crazy at all about doing. I don’t want the solution to become worse than the problem itself. I’m just wondering if anybody else has had any paint flaw situations where they could share their input with me and give me some advice on whether I should live with it or get it repaired. I also have some other issues with the hood alignment and driver door alignment however that’s a whole other thread LOL any input would be greatly appreciated.
845218A1-0611-4588-B890-47A078717058.jpeg
DAC359B7-78F3-407D-9692-B1BC7D5F701B.jpeg
7252AB9B-A098-4D7E-9B49-53CEC7320A25.jpeg
I had a small chip on the hood and buff marks in the paint from where the factory or dealer folks tried to clean it up. My detail guy was able to get the buff marks out prior to applying ceramic coating & strongly suggested I not get the hood repainted. i suggest you not touch the tailgate.

RangeFinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SuperCab
Occupation
Teacher
I had a small chip on the hood and buff marks in the paint from where the factory or dealer folks tried to clean it up. My detail guy was able to get the buff marks out prior to applying ceramic coating & strongly suggested I not get the hood repainted. i suggest you not touch the tailgate.
Detroter- Will you share what brand of ceramic coating you got, how many layers and what the cost was?

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Funny all the talk of matching the factory paint is laughable for a different reason . In my days of painting it was tough because the pro painter did a much better job than the factory . It is tough to tell one self too not flow out the paint too smooth and keep the the shine of of the new paint like the factory job , Most painters do show quality work compared to the factory team of robots . So yes leave the small gaffs alone . The real pro painter is too good
Sponsored