First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
So can anyone confirm that the only difference in tow package and without tow package is just the receiver and electric harness with 7 way and 4 way connectors? The tow rating is 3500lbs to 7500lbs. No heavier springs, trans cooler or anything else? If so, why the huge difference in capacity, just the hitch opposed to a bumper ball?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
So can anyone confirm that the only difference in tow package and without tow package is just the receiver and electric harness with 7 way and 4 way connectors? The tow rating is 3500lbs to 7500lbs. No heavier springs, trans cooler or anything else? If so, why the huge difference in capacity, just the hitch opposed to a bumper ball?
The only difference is the receiver and harness. I'm actually surprised it is 3500 on the bumper, but yes, it is the difference between a bumper ball and a receiver hitch.

OP
OP

alsbikeparts123

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
The only difference is the receiver and harness. I'm actually surprised it is 3500 on the bumper, but yes, it is the difference between a bumper ball and a receiver hitch.
Thank you. I was sure that at least the springs were heavier. I guess not though
Sponsored