First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Donovan my dude. Home run. LOVE my dock. Seems like you've got enough pictures so I made a quick video for you to help promote the product. 2 weeks in Las Vegas; speed bumps, potholes, quick turns / evasive maneuvers, you name it - not a squeak, rattle, or disconnection from my device. I'm a very happy camper; thanks for making this. It's EXACTLY what my truck needed to make the Android Auto more convenient. Especially considering the very first thing I do every single time I sit in the thing is plug my phone in.

Cheers man!
Sponsored

Tremorky

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
Donovan my dude. Home run. LOVE my dock. Seems like you've got enough pictures so I made a quick video for you to help promote the product. 2 weeks in Las Vegas; speed bumps, potholes, quick turns / evasive maneuvers, you name it - not a squeak, rattle, or disconnection from my device. I'm a very happy camper; thanks for making this. It's EXACTLY what my truck needed to make the Android Auto more convenient. Especially considering the very first thing I do every single time I sit in the thing is plug my phone in.

Cheers man!
Great job on the video ! If you’re not in marketing you could make a go at it lol. If I had made a video folks woulda thought I said the apocalypse is crawling up their ass and been offing themselves left and right! 😁

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Great job on the video ! If you’re not in marketing you could make a go at it lol.
Thank you Scott. I appreciate the compliment because I am 100% in marketing - creative department art director 🙂

That said - this is in no way a paid endorsement for Dock Tailors nor do I represent them in any way as a marketing agency. I am just genuinely enthusiastic about the product.

Tremorky

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
Thank you Scott. I appreciate the compliment because I am 100% in marketing - creative department art director 🙂

That said - this is in no way a paid endorsement for Dock Tailors nor do I represent them in any way as a marketing agency. I am just genuinely enthusiastic about the product.
lol! You’re welcome! The disclaimer was the icing on the cake 😂

It really is an awesome feat of engineering tho. I’m made two short drives in the Ranger today and used the dock both times. Easy place to store the phone and no wires hanging.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
This looks very cool. My concern is just losing access to be able to plug a USB stick into the other USB receptacle up there easily while this doc is in position. Right now my solution is just a particular design of perfect length cable that has a 90 degree USB C plug on the end and I set my phone down there. This setup allows for another USB stick full of music. (64 GB worth that I don't have to dump on my phone's memory)
1702141736860.jpeg

This setup has worked well since 2019
I do similar now, but I plug my charging cord into a fast-charge capable usb port tucked under the dash to a fuse splice. and an AA Wireless dongle I've got stuck between the two 12v outlets. I only plug in on a long drive and need to charge up. less worry about the phone heating up. can even leave it in my pocket for short drives.

but the right angle usbc plug is the way to go

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Gonna order one of these bad boys. I really like this design and will be able to retire my AA wireless as this is super clean

OP
OP
DockTailors

DockTailors

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.docktailors.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Gonna order one of these bad boys. I really like this design and will be able to retire my AA wireless as this is super clean
Outstanding! We'll keep an eye out for it :like:

Not Ranger related, but we're working with some other vehicles — specifically Toyotas — and it really is amazing how spotty some of these OEM wireless chargers/AA/CarPlay are.

We're currently testing "wireless charger alignment" trays to help with the wireless charging issues. IMO, wired is the way to go — and our docks make that easy.

ToyotaCorolla.jpg

AlignmentTray.png

OP
OP
DockTailors

DockTailors

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.docktailors.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Outstanding! We'll keep an eye out for it :like:

Not Ranger related, but we're working with some other vehicles — specifically Toyotas — and it really is amazing how spotty some of these OEM wireless chargers/AA/CarPlay are.

We're currently testing "wireless charger alignment" trays to help with the wireless charging issues. IMO, wired is the way to go — and our docks make that easy.

ToyotaCorolla.jpg

AlignmentTray.png
fwiw, the wireless charger in my wife's '23 toyota corolla cross is kinda crap. doesn't pump out enough juice to actually charge our samsung galaxy s22 phones when using AA. so we don't bother with trying to charge with it. we use a cable. so even though an alignment device is a nice idea, I don't think it will necessarily help everyone. might want to have that disclaimer on your page so you don't have people whose phones won't charge well off of a car's built-in wireless charger getting unreasonable expectations that this will fix their problems.

OP
OP
DockTailors

DockTailors

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.docktailors.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
fwiw, the wireless charger in my wife's '23 toyota corolla cross is kinda crap. doesn't pump out enough juice to actually charge our samsung galaxy s22 phones when using AA. so we don't bother with trying to charge with it. we use a cable. so even though an alignment device is a nice idea, I don't think it will necessarily help everyone. might want to have that disclaimer on your page so you don't have people whose phones won't charge well off of a car's built-in wireless charger getting unreasonable expectations that this will fix their problems.
This is excellent! And same vehicle! 2023 Corolla GR. Seriously appreciate it.

I just pinged this client/tester and they are reporting the same. The tray helps align and keep the phone from moving around... but it's still not charging that great. We'll have to do some thinking if it's really worth it for folks or not — would definitely make a note like you said.

I guess a lot of Corolla folks are ditching the OEM charger altogether and putting in the regular cubby — which we're working on a wired dock too. Sounds that'll be the direction this GR owner will be headed too.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
This is excellent! And same vehicle! 2023 Corolla GR. Seriously appreciate it.

I just pinged this client/tester and they are reporting the same. The tray helps align and keep the phone from moving around... but it's still not charging that great. We'll have to do some thinking if it's really worth it for folks or not — would definitely make a note like you said.

I guess a lot of Corolla folks are ditching the OEM charger altogether and putting in the regular cubby — which we're working on a wired dock too. Sounds that'll be the direction this GR owner will be headed too.
a wired dock might be handy. it's a little frustrating that my wife's car only has one USB port on the dash. If I want to plug in a usb drive with music, we have to run the phone charge cable from the center console. maybe if you do a wired dock, you could work in a splitter of some kind so that with the phone plugged in to charge, you still have a usb-c port available on the dash?

also, not sure how similar the GR Corolla is to my wife's Corolla Cross Hybrid on the interior. Even though they share the Corolla tag, they're pretty different on the exterior. The Corolla Cross looks more like a smaller Rav 4.
Sponsored