Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
The file names give them away :sunglasses:
Yeah...was hoping it wouldn't show up...bottom one would have been hard unless you could blow it up and see hubcaps with name.
Top pic is a Willys from late 30's, 38-39
Bottom is one that was well known in the 30's and 40's, a Nash. That one is a post WW 2, 47-48 Nash half ton.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Yeah...was hoping it wouldn't show up...bottom one would have been hard unless you could blow it up and see hubcaps with name.
Top pic is a Willys from late 30's, 38-39
Bottom is one that was well known in the 30's and 40's, a Nash. That one is a post WW 2, 47-48 Nash half ton.
Copy the image to your desktop, rename it to whatever you want, drag it onto the page.

Like so...

1947 Studebaker Hawk.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Is that the car from The Wraith?

This is an easy one for me so I won't spoil it for others.

I always loved them when I was a kid.
correct you are the dodge Turbo , a few built and one did star in the the wraith.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
EASY...Bricklin
yep. bricklin. Now to be fair only reason i know is a guy two streets over from me has had one in his garage since the 1980s, its orange. he drives it rarely in parades etc.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
1651975977507.png
so this online. clearly a ford ranger, but this was factory???
Phill?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1651975977507.png
so this online. clearly a ford ranger, but this was factory???
Phill?
Hi Mark,

It was from American Sun Roof....a company in my city of Taylor Michigan (Called Taylorkucky) by the snobs... American Sun Roof in its day was the factory installer where you ordered you vehicle and it was produced to then ship to ASR for sun roof install and then shipped to the dealer... Owner of the company among others including the Downriver Newspaper was Heinz Prichtor...a small time Elon Musk. My first wife worked from the Newspaper... Poor Heinz put a bullet in his mellon and his empire collapsed. There are not many of these SkyRangers and they were not considered Ford Factory...

Hope this answers your question....

Best,
Phil

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Hi Mark,

It was from American Sun Roof....a company in my city of Taylor Michigan (Called Taylorkucky) by the snobs... American Sun Roof in its day was the factory installer where you ordered you vehicle and it was produced to then ship to ASR for sun roof install and then shipped to the dealer... Owner of the company among others including the Downriver Newspaper was Heinz Prichtor...a small time Elon Musk. My first wife worked from the Newspaper... Poor Heinz put a bullet in his mellon and his empire collapsed. There are not many of these SkyRangers and they were not considered Ford Factory...

Best,
Phil
excellent answer sir, I knew you would have the skinny on it. thank you !

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
That was made from a 90's era Ford LTD Squire Stationwagon.
Hard to pin the exact year, but the two upper OE rectangle headlights give it away.
It was made from a 1979 LTD Country Squire.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
the griswald family truckster wagon?? i think it wase based on a ford or merc . hubcaps are missing so they have already been past the "plight" of the city.
1979 Ford LTD Country Squire wagon was used to make the Family Truckster.

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Mark,

Best,
Phil
Here's a true story along the lines of vehicle conversions Phil.

A local, prominent social matriarch had commissioned the owner of the Lincoln/Mercury dealership where I worked to have her early '80's Caddy Eldorado hardtop converted to a ragtop.
The car was shipped off to some company in Los Angeles and returned some time later.
The conversion did not go well, the car suffered from severe cowl shake, rattles, squeaks and abundant water leaks. If the car was parked at a certain angle on an incline both doors would bind and refused to open. In short the car was ruined...
Needless to say Ms. Socialite was not pleased, not pleased at all and hurled various very loud expletives towards my boss, undermining her "genteel" status.
Said boss grew very weary of her well founded complaints and instructed his right hand man (who resembled Odd Job of Goldfinger fame) to dispatch the Caddy.
"Odd Job" comes into the shop and asked me if I was busy and if not to do him a favor, I told him to square it away with the service manager and off we went to do the deed.
I followed him in his late '70's black on black Town Car to a remote location on Oahu some 40 miles away, asked me to pop the trunk on the Lincoln so he could retrieve a red, plastic container from the trunk and asked me to kindly remove the plates from the ill-fated Caddy and toss them in the Lincoln's trunk.
He then asked me to wait for him and drove off on a deserted beach road meant strictly for off-road vehicles in the hapless Eldorado.
A few minutes later I heard a distinct "whoomph" accompanied with a distinct gray/black plumb of smoke some 40 yards away.
"Odd Job" returned on foot back to where I was parked and we headed back to the dealership, stopping at a bar where we both got shit-faced...
Sponsored