Air Compressor Mounting Location

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Has anyone mounted an air compressor on his/her Ranger yet? If so, where on the truck, and did you route a switch into the cab?

I have a small ARB (CKMA12) that I mostly used to air up my tires after runs, which fit in the engine compartment of the old truck; as the Ranger has a pretty stuffed engine compartment with no observable mounting spots, I'm looking for ideas...

1Lkxtog.jpg
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone mounted an air compressor on his/her Ranger yet? If so, where on the truck, and did you route a switch into the cab?

I have a small ARB (CKMA12) that I mostly used to air up my tires after runs, which fit in the engine compartment of the old truck; as the Ranger has a pretty stuffed engine compartment with no observable mounting spots, I'm looking for ideas...

1Lkxtog.jpg
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/on-board-air-setup-on-your-ranger.2471/
check this out...

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in that thread that MT19 linked. I put mine behind the driver headlight. Probably would not put it there again if I could redo. It’s just too tight, and it’s going to make changing the battery a real pain whenever it decides to croak some zero degree night. I would look at mounting it on the frame beside the transmission, etc. There’s also lots of space by the spare tire.

OP
OP
Pathung

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hi Daniel, I just read through the recommended thread, and am shocked that you stuffed it in there - that's the spot where I had my compressor installed (in my ex-Nissan Frontier), and it was a tight fit - even more so in the Ranger.

Thanks for replying, I'll take my questions to the other thread.
Sponsored