Parking Sensors

BlueOval5.0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow Pkg, 18” Wheels, White Platinum,
Occupation
Professional Jackass
Hey all - dumb question. I hear an audible noise when backing up that alerts you as you are getting too close to an object and IIRC, there was also lights (green, yellow, red) that gave you an indication of how close you were but it no longer appears. Is there a way to turn it back on via the settings screen? I flipped thru the manual and it speaks about the system but no mention about turning it on and off.

Thanks!
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all - dumb question. I hear an audible noise when backing up that alerts you as you are getting too close to an object and IIRC, there was also lights (green, yellow, red) that gave you an indication of how close you were but it no longer appears. Is there a way to turn it back on via the settings screen? I flipped thru the manual and it speaks about the system but no mention about turning it on and off.

Thanks!
There's a button down near the shifter with an Icon that looks like a Traffic Cone. That turns it off and on.

OP
OP

BlueOval5.0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow Pkg, 18” Wheels, White Platinum,
Occupation
Professional Jackass
There's a button down near the shifter with an Icon that looks like a Traffic Cone. That turns it off and on.
Thank you!!!! Going to the run out and check it now.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I use it in the car wash to keep the sensors from beeping all the way through the wash process.

OP
OP

BlueOval5.0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Jackass
I use it in the car wash to keep the sensors from beeping all the way through the wash process.
Okay, I may have misspoke. I found the switch you are referring to turn them on and off. My sensors are on but they still do not show on the screen where the backup camera is like my Escape does.

OP
OP

BlueOval5.0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Jackass
Figured it out, thanks!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

BlueOval5.0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Jackass
OP
OP

BlueOval5.0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Jackass
What fixed it?
There is a settings button on the screen and I was able to locate it... I cannot recall The exact steps off the top of my head. I will make an attempt whenever I get to drive it again, it is my wife’s truck.

Doubleu

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2014 superduty
There is a settings button on the screen and I was able to locate it... I cannot recall The exact steps off the top of my head. I will make an attempt whenever I get to drive it again, it is my wife’s truck.
If your Refering to the Image on the Screen when your backing up it's in the Display> vehicle> Camera settings there is a toggle for enhanced Parking Aids that you can turn off.

It still gives the beeping. I'm trying to figure out how to disable the beeping. I installed an aftermarket bumper and although it's supposed to have the sensors installed they are giving false alarms.

If anyone knows how to disable the alarm permanently on a lariat I would appreciate the input.

AZLightning

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 Kawasaki Versys 650
If your Refering to the Image on the Screen when your backing up it's in the Display> vehicle> Camera settings there is a toggle for enhanced Parking Aids that you can turn off.

It still gives the beeping. I'm trying to figure out how to disable the beeping. I installed an aftermarket bumper and although it's supposed to have the sensors installed they are giving false alarms.

If anyone knows how to disable the alarm permanently on a lariat I would appreciate the input.
Someone else posted something about the company that makes the auto start stop eliminator can make you a parking sensor eliminator if you contact them post #8

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/westin-brush-guard-need-help-with-the-sensors.5171/

Doubleu

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2014 superduty