XL Watch

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Adidas trail runners
Hi all, let me start by saying that I’m grateful for this community, having been a lurker since August. I’ve learned so much, and coming here daily has kept my excitement stoked as I wait on my Ranger.

I ordered an XL FX4 Super Cab with the rear locking diff, bed liner, sliding rear window and some other odds and ends. Since all the reviews have hit, and since the trucks have gone out to dealers, I don’t think I’ve seen any reference to an XL in the wild. Can anyone direct me to any accounts that would contradict this?

I’m especially interested in hearing about XL Super Cabs, as you can imagine...

Cheers!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome!

I believe @Derek L Riley is the first member to take delivery of a SuperCab XL.
Thanks, Rangerdanger! Looks like Derek hasn’t taken possession of his truck yet, based on his posts, but I’ll keep an eye out for enythng he has to say with interest.

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Hi all, let me start by saying that I’m grateful for this community, having been a lurker since August. I’ve learned so much, and coming here daily has kept my excitement stoked as I wait on my Ranger.

I ordered an XL FX4 Super Cab with the rear locking diff, bed liner, sliding rear window and some other odds and ends. Since all the reviews have hit, and since the trucks have gone out to dealers, I don’t think I’ve seen any reference to an XL in the wild. Can anyone direct me to any accounts that would contradict this?

I’m especially interested in hearing about XL Super Cabs, as you can imagine...

Cheers!
I ordered my 4x2 XL (though it's a Super Crew) on December 18th, I've been checking https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status every few days and just got used to seeing the "NA" in the delivery date. Well, as of this morning, it looks like I have a delivery date of 4/14. No window sticker just yet but this is progress. I was beginning to wonder if they were paying attention to us 4x2 and XL owners.

OP
OP

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked mine up last week. Crew cab 4x4 magnetic XL
Hey Matt, how are you liking your XL?

Also, a question: in a review I saw the other day, the reviewer said that the XL trim doesn't have power locks. He was driving an XLT, so I'm not taking his word as authoritative by any means. If he's correct, this has alluded me till now. Perhaps he meant the tail gate, not the door? Anyway, if you could confirm what kind of locks you have on the doors, I'd be grateful!

Marc F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4
Hey Matt, how are you liking your XL?

Also, a question: in a review I saw the other day, the reviewer said that the XL trim doesn't have power locks. He was driving an XLT, so I'm not taking his word as authoritative by any means. If he's correct, this has alluded me till now. Perhaps he meant the tail gate, not the door? Anyway, if you could confirm what kind of locks you have on the doors, I'd be grateful!
I have an XL and can confirm that it has power locks and the tailgate also power locks.

OP
OP

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an XL and can confirm that it has power locks and the tailgate also power locks.
Good to know! Thanks for the reply. Who the hell knows where people, and reviewers at that, get these notions.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
If the Build & Price is correct, the base XL has power door locks and a manual tailgate lock. The optional 101A package gives you the power tailgate lock.

Marc F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4
If the Build & Price is correct, the base XL has power door locks and a manual tailgate lock. The optional 101A package gives you the power tailgate lock.
I do have the 101A package so that would make sense.

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at all the trims and decided that the XL FX4 was the one for me. I was between black and magnetic. A magnetic came up in that configuration so I jumped on it. I sacrificed a few bells and whistles to get what i wanted.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just got this deep in the forum. Got mine 6/16 bought it off the lot. Lightening Blue XL STX super crew 101A, 4x4 , FX, tow package running boards carpet/ floor mat option & keyless entry. Dealer spray in bed liner. I have already added a bed mat. Just about the way I would have ordered it. Having it a month I love it. Only issue so far which I have posted miss matched trim inside. They put a chrome a/c vent in the dash center drivers side. Yet to take it back did not notice looking or at pickup.
Sponsored