Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
From my retiree newsletter...maybe moderator can move to the Bronco Forum?

Ford Bronco Store on Amazon.com Helps Off-Roaders Gear Up for Arrival of New Bronco with Apparel, Toys and Accessories
Dec-02-2019
email.png
share-icon.png

1575300022868.jpg

DEARBORN – The all-new Ford Bronco isn’t slated to make its world premiere until next spring, but Bronco lovers don’t have to wait until then to find merchandise to celebrate the legendary off-road SUV.

In time for Cyber Monday and the heart of the holiday shopping season, the Ford Bronco store on Amazon.com is live with an assortment of Bronco-themed items ranging from apparel and novelties to toys, collectibles and some unique vintage Bronco parts.

“The Bronco fan base is such a loyal one, and they love their Bronco gear,” said Casie Ocan͂a, Ford global brand licensing manager, brand & integrated marketing. “It’s great to be able to corral this merchandise and make it available and easy to buy at one site.”

Last month, Ford fueled fan excitement for the upcoming Bronco when it revealed the Bronco R race prototype, a one-of-a-kind off-road racing machine built to test the future production vehicle’s chassis and suspension on the grueling desert course at the 2019 SCORE-International Baja 1000 in Mexico.

Bronco toys at the online store include scale model trucks of various early-gen Broncos. The apparel section features a variety of graphic t-shirts and baseball caps, as well as pet bandanas for Bronco-loving furry friends. From refrigerator magnets and key chains to smartphone cases and leather luggage tags, the gifts and novelties selection includes an assortment of perfect gifts for the holidays.

Vehicle accessories at the site include authentic Dennis Carpenter Ford restoration parts for first-gen Broncos, as well as vintage truck flags and license plate holders.
Sponsored

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
From my retiree newsletter...maybe moderator can move to the Bronco Forum?

Ford Bronco Store on Amazon.com Helps Off-Roaders Gear Up for Arrival of New Bronco with Apparel, Toys and Accessories
Dec-02-2019

DEARBORN – The all-new Ford Bronco isn’t slated to make its world premiere until next spring, but Bronco lovers don’t have to wait until then to find merchandise to celebrate the legendary off-road SUV.

In time for Cyber Monday and the heart of the holiday shopping season, the Ford Bronco store on Amazon.com is live with an assortment of Bronco-themed items ranging from apparel and novelties to toys, collectibles and some unique vintage Bronco parts.

“The Bronco fan base is such a loyal one, and they love their Bronco gear,” said Casie Ocan͂a, Ford global brand licensing manager, brand & integrated marketing. “It’s great to be able to corral this merchandise and make it available and easy to buy at one site.”

Last month, Ford fueled fan excitement for the upcoming Bronco when it revealed the Bronco R race prototype, a one-of-a-kind off-road racing machine built to test the future production vehicle’s chassis and suspension on the grueling desert course at the 2019 SCORE-International Baja 1000 in Mexico.

Bronco toys at the online store include scale model trucks of various early-gen Broncos. The apparel section features a variety of graphic t-shirts and baseball caps, as well as pet bandanas for Bronco-loving furry friends. From refrigerator magnets and key chains to smartphone cases and leather luggage tags, the gifts and novelties selection includes an assortment of perfect gifts for the holidays.

Vehicle accessories at the site include authentic Dennis Carpenter Ford restoration parts for first-gen Broncos, as well as vintage truck flags and license plate holders.

Hi Phil!

I know this is tangentially related to some stuff you've posted, but I see in your postings and history and it looks like you've got a ton of knowledge on the old Ford Baja programs. Would I be able to ask you a few questions about that? I've got a buddy who has one of the F350s from the Rough Riders Explorer Program from the early 90s and we're interested in gleaning some more history of the truck, possibly in part to restore it to its former glory. We've got info from the company that used it to race/chase and authenticated the VIN that it was one of the trucks, but we'd love to know if we could get a Ford source for some more info on the program and some officially authenticated/recorded info on it and this truck specifically. We're big Ford and Baja fans and would love to know some more of the history on this cool piece of Ford/Baja history.

(Tried sending PM, but forum wouldn't let me send to you)

Thanks!

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil!

I know this is tangentially related to some stuff you've posted, but I see in your postings and history and it looks like you've got a ton of knowledge on the old Ford Baja programs. Would I be able to ask you a few questions about that? I've got a buddy who has one of the F350s from the Rough Riders Explorer Program from the early 90s and we're interested in gleaning some more history of the truck, possibly in part to restore it to its former glory. We've got info from the company that used it to race/chase and authenticated the VIN that it was one of the trucks, but we'd love to know if we could get a Ford source for some more info on the program and some officially authenticated/recorded info on it and this truck specifically. We're big Ford and Baja fans and would love to know some more of the history on this cool piece of Ford/Baja history.

(Tried sending PM, but forum wouldn't let me send to you)

Thanks!
Hi Patrick

Yeah...I turned off PM as my email was getting overloaded...Sorry! I Managed the Rough Rider Program pretty much from its formation until we dropped it and refocused our efforts. Is your truck from the Simon brothers? Dave Ashley/Dan Smith and Enduro. Greg Foutz and his SWB F350 V10? i have tons of Rough Rider posters, Ford advertising etc.

I agree we have to take this off line at it is not Ranger 5G related if the moderators think this is the best rout...if they think it is of general interest, we can keep it here on the forum in the proper place... I could probably swap you with the stuff I have in storage...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Patrick

Yeah...I turned off PM as my email was getting overloaded...Sorry! I Managed the Rough Rider Program pretty much from its formation until we dropped it and refocused our efforts. Is your truck from the Simon brothers? Dave Ashley/Dan Smith and Enduro. Greg Foutz and his SWB F350 V10? i have tons of Rough Rider posters, Ford advertising etc.

I agree we have to take this off line at it is not Ranger 5G related if the moderators think this is the best rout...if they think it is of general interest, we can keep it here on the forum in the proper place... I could probably swap you with the stuff I have in storage...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil!

No problem, don't want to bother! I'd be happy to take this off this page, you can PM or email me ([email protected]). Until it gets taken down or moved, though I suppose we can keep it here too as you said.

That would be amazing to see some of the stuff from the time, it's such an interesting bit of history that there isn't a whole ton out there about compared to the level of media the 1000 gets now. Especially anything like the posters and ads and stuff, that would be amazing to see and of course if it's what you want I'd be happy to take it off your hands haha.

We've got the Swift truck (work body crew cab, was originally a long bed as they didn't have short bed cc in 93). I've got a pic of the VIN plate/reg I can send to you and here's a quick pic of it as it sits now.

We'd love to know more about where it was and when and just more about the program in general and how this truck fit into it.

Thanks for your time!

600905573.jpg

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil!

No problem, don't want to bother! I'd be happy to take this off this page, you can PM or email me ([email protected]). Until it gets taken down or moved, though I suppose we can keep it here too as you said.

That would be amazing to see some of the stuff from the time, it's such an interesting bit of history that there isn't a whole ton out there about compared to the level of media the 1000 gets now. Especially anything like the posters and ads and stuff, that would be amazing to see and of course if it's what you want I'd be happy to take it off your hands haha.

We've got the Swift truck (work body crew cab, was originally a long bed as they didn't have short bed cc in 93). I've got a pic of the VIN plate/reg I can send to you and here's a quick pic of it as it sits now.

We'd love to know more about where it was and when and just more about the program in general and how this truck fit into it.

Thanks for your time!

600905573.jpg
Hi Patrick,

Looks like one of John Swift's chase trucks... Maybe weird, but my good friend and down the street Neighbor was John's Crew Chief. We regularly get together for a few Pacific beer. When he left Swift, we hired him and his wife as our hospitality ambassadors at every race.

Will email him the pix above for more info...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Patrick,

Looks like one of John Swift's chase trucks... Maybe weird, but my good friend and down the street Neighbor was John's Crew Chief. We regularly get together for a few Pacific beer. When he left Swift, we hired him and his wife as our hospitality ambassadors at every race.

Will email him the pix above for more info...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
That's fantastic! And let me know if it would help to have more pix or info that I have like the VIN on the truck, etc.

I'm so excited to hear more about its history!
Sponsored