BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Also this video does not mention anything about changing the orientation of the top strut bolts. You popped the strut down to reveal an already assembled spacer. That's * rest of the fucking own* kind of tutorial.
I have not installed mine yet, however, I also have 4x4. What are you saying needs to be done thats not in his video? Are you going to post a video of said items missed on his video?
Sponsored

Justdown808

First Name
Just
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger 2019
I have not installed mine yet, however, I also have 4x4. What are you saying needs to be done thats not in his video? Are you going to post a video of said items missed on his video?
Mine is not installed as I had to go back and change everything back and I'm getting my truck checked by ford on monday. The main thing missing is the fact you can fuck up your cv axle by letting it drop down after you remove the upper control arm. This video makes it seem like you pop the strut out and slide it on and screw it back in..... the video basically ends when he pops the strut out this is an incomplete tutorial.....what's the torque for the strut bolts what do you do after you pop the strut out.... how do you go about orientation the top strut bolts to match after you slide on the spacer.....so incompete and I'm so confused as to how many people are praising this.....perhaps no one has 4wd or they're watching other videos on how to install spacers from other companies.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
  • Removing the cv axle but won’t completely alleviate these issues, you still have to be very careful removing the strut. Trust me, I know lol, I was able to reseat mine with some help. As far as torque specs I had to use about 5 different installation instructions from Fox, fab tech, etc.

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
  • Removing the cv axle but won’t completely alleviate these issues, you still have to be very careful removing the strut. Trust me, I know lol, I was able to reseat mine with some help. As far as torque specs I had to use about 5 different installation instructions from Fox, fab tech, etc.
Do you know of a video or can you post links to a place that has explicit instructions? I am really unfamiliar with adding a lift or level as this is my first truck. I have always worked ony own vehicles, but those have always been cars.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
No it’s the same set up. Only thing different is you have to remove the nuts for the cv axles from spindle when installing the 3” lift.
In your video you don't remove the axle nut, yet you are stating here to remove them, what is it?
I know that the nut should be removed so that the CV joint does not hyper-extend, but you need to be consistent.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
If I had to do it all over again I would have an axel nut on standby. I was able to reuse mine. Removing the axle nut and pushing the spindle out slightly worked on one side for me, on the other side it over extended, had to push it out the completely from both sides and seat it back, twice actually and than very slowly make sure to get the strut in and placing the spindle back in without over extending, wheeww, if I had to do it over again, it wouldn’t take long, just finally glad the pains are gone from figuring out what to do next. I remember sitting down one evening thinking I really f***** up when I overextended it. Without a vehicle and the weekend I really had to give it all I had, asking questions and talking to people about what to do. I just don’t know why one side worked fine and the other didn’t. Look at the Fox install guide, bds and fab tech I think. Also the S3MS video, although none are 4X4 In the video, it is really key to watch the steps, and from the install guides, get the torques and the alignments, also the fox guide says not necessary to push spindle out the hub, it goes back in just fine, I recommened pushing it out, and when pressing down on the lca to remove studs be careful not to overextend, easier said than done, I know.

AF343243-B1FF-441B-B129-2905A186FF9B.jpeg

ADF31D26-CFFA-4AA9-B8FE-542E62A07C62.png

View attachment 27643

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

@Robby887

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Robby Woolworth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Fx4 xlt ford ranger
Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Vehicle Showcase
Also this video does not mention anything about changing the orientation of the top strut bolts. You popped the strut down to reveal an already assembled spacer. That's * rest of the fucking owl* kind of tutorial.
Sorry this happened. Did you get a paper with step by step instructions in your box of parts?

@Robby887

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Robby Woolworth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Vehicle Showcase
In your video you don't remove the axle nut, yet you are stating here to remove them, what is it?
I know that the nut should be removed so that the CV joint does not hyper-extend, but you need to be consistent.
You can install without removing the CV axle nut which it states in my instructions that come with the kit. It does say to be careful while doing it this way because you can pop the cv axle out. A lot of people don’t have a 35mm socket to remove the cv axle from the spindle.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
If I had to do it all over again I would have an axel nut on standby. I was able to reuse mine. Removing the axle nut and pushing the spindle out slightly worked on one side for me, on the other side it over extended, had to push it out the completely from both sides and seat it back, twice actually and than very slowly make sure to get the strut in and placing the spindle back in without over extending, wheeww, if I had to do it over again, it wouldn’t take long, just finally glad the pains are gone from figuring out what to do next. I remember sitting down one evening thinking I really f***** up when I overextended it. Without a vehicle and the weekend I really had to give it all I had, asking questions and talking to people about what to do. I just don’t know why one side worked fine and the other didn’t. Look at the Fox install guide, bds and fab tech I think. Also the S3MS video, although none are 4X4 In the video, it is really key to watch the steps, and from the install guides, get the torques and the alignments, also the fox guide says not necessary to push spindle out the hub, it goes back in just fine, I recommened pushing it out, and when pressing down on the lca to remove studs be careful not to overextend, easier said than done, I know.

AF343243-B1FF-441B-B129-2905A186FF9B.jpeg

ADF31D26-CFFA-4AA9-B8FE-542E62A07C62.png

View attachment 27643
Having been a mechanic for 40+ years, I've come to the realization NOT to fight with whatever component or part that is giving you grief.
If it takes a few extra steps to remove something to make the job easier (and therefore safer) by all means do it.
I've worked on many cars, trucks and fire apparatus with the same drive setup and have learned the dangers of hyper-extending a CV joint, sometimes you get lucky, most time you don't.

My 2020 SuperCab 4x2 on order will have the 2 1/2" lift installed once I get it, obviously, the job will be easier than a 4x4. Of course, I'll be doing both sides at once so dropping the sway bar on both ends is a no-brainer, I may even remove the links where they attach to the spindle.
One thing for sure, though is that I'll remove the ABS sensor from the spindle BEFORE separating the upper ball joint, I've also seen the consequences of hyper-extended wiring and connectors.

Having also been a 1st. responder for 28 1/2 years, I've seen the consequences of ignorance and laziness more times than I care to remember.

LpFRCPS_307

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger wildtrak
got may 3 inch lift kit delivered 3rd week of december and have it installed last Dec. 30...have the bigger tires installed today.

if you guys notice its a wildtrak because im in another part of the word in the philippines to be exact.

I used a 17x9 inch Barreta Hussla mags et 12 with a 285 70 17 mud tire. install was easy and i got no issue no rubbing no trimming. i really love the fact that is takes a fewer step to install than other lift kits.

Ride after the install i think was better with a lot less bounce. tire have 35 psi all four of them.
if ask would i recommend to a friend...Yes

thanks Rob your a genius

IMG_20200102_163732.jpg

IMG_20200102_163553.jpg

IMG_20200102_142937.jpg

@Robby887

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Robby Woolworth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Vehicle Showcase
got may 3 inch lift kit delivered 3rd week of december and have it installed last Dec. 30...have the bigger tires installed today.

if you guys notice its a wildtrak because im in another part of the word in the philippines to be exact.

I used a 17x9 inch Barreta Hussla mags et 12 with a 285 70 17 mud tire. install was easy and i got no issue no rubbing no trimming. i really love the fact that is takes a fewer step to install than other lift kits.

Ride after the install i think was better with a lot less bounce. tire have 35 psi all four of them.
if ask would i recommend to a friend...Yes

thanks Rob your a genius

IMG_20200102_163732.jpg

IMG_20200102_163553.jpg

IMG_20200102_142937.jpg
Looks fantastic. So glad it worked out. Truck looks amazing. The 285/70/17 fit with no trimming is cool especially on a Ranger ford wildtrak in the Philippines. I just expanded my market reach. Thank you so much.

@Robby887

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Robby Woolworth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my tires on months after I installed my level so I felt like I should leave this right here, thanks Rob!

20200103_160759.jpg
Wow. Looks good. I like the steps. How do you like how it drives?

TKDMasterV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. Looks good. I like the steps. How do you like how it drives?
Rides nice, a lot of the bounce is gone. I don't know , maybe the stock tires were lower pressure and softer, not sure but its better.

dnymud

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Supercrew 2wd
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my tires on months after I installed my level so I felt like I should leave this right here, thanks Rob!

20200103_160759.jpg

What size tires are you running on your truck? I am waiting for my kit to arrive from Robby and want to make sure I am looking at the right size tires.
Sponsored