Ranger Raptor patent filing provides evidence of US market release

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
The Ranger Raptor has already been announced for the Australian market. But, Ford has not yet announced it for the US market.

This Ranger Raptor patent design filing appearing on the Australian IP office's website provides strong evidence that it is indeed destined for the US. In fact, the patent images seen here may very well be actual patent images of a US model.

We draw this conclusion based on the fact that 1) the Ranger Raptor depicted here features a sport bar (the model shown on the Ranger Raptor Australian website does not) 2) the images depict a sliding rear window, which is distinct to U.S. spec Rangers and 3) the patent filing references a corresponding US Design Patent Application (Number: 29/634999) filed on January 26, 2018 in The United States. Our search for this design patent application on the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website did not yield the US design patent application, but the USPTO allows patent applications to be kept private by the applicant until the patent is approved/issued. Considering Ford has not yet announced the Ranger Raptor for the US market, it would make sense for the company to keep the design patent application private.

Of course this isn't the first strong evidence that the Ranger Raptor is destined for the US market as a LHD prototype has already been spotted testing in the US (Michigan). See our spy video below.

2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-US-patent-8.JPEG

2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-US-patent-9.JPEG

2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-US-patent-A.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-US-patent-B.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-US-patent-C.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-US-patent-D.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-US-patent-E.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-US-patent-F.jpg
2020-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-US-patent-G.jpg

Sponsored

Last edited:

Raptor Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping for US Ranger Raptor
Nice digging guys ! And music to my ears! :D

Could we see a possible announcement at Woodward Dream Cruise this weekend??

K Knox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Occupation
Guitarist

Too early. They're more likely to show and market the regular Ranger at Woodward especially since pricing was just officially announced. Plus they might be risking early Ranger sales if they announce the Raptor too early.

JYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
That's a good find. I make a living dealing with patents and can tell you that 29/634999 is a USPTO patent application number, so that is good confirmation that there's been a Raptor design patent application already filed in the US. And the first two digits (29) is a series code which indicates that it's a Design application.

GStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Patent images usually make the vehicle look like crap but the Raptor Ranger looks great even here. And if those are US design images then we should be getting the sport bars standard since I've never seen patent images include add-on performance parts (i.e. from Ford Performance Parts).

WI LION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang GT

The rumors have been that it will be announced for the US with a public showing either at the LA Auto Show in November or at the Detroit Auto Show in January.
Sponsored