Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.docktailors.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
DockTailors is extremely excited to bring you a Ranger specific in-console docking system! Fits all 2019-2023 North American Ford Rangers.

Aimed at Android Auto/Apple CarPlay users. The Ranger dock features:
  • Clutter free, OEM Look
  • Precision one handed docking
  • An out of the way phone
  • No bulky universal dash mounts
    • No rattling or loosening
    • No suction cups
    • No "phone claws"
  • Native wired Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
    • No aftermarket wireless adapter
    • No battery drain
  • Native wired charging
    • No aftermarket wireless charging
    • No overheating
Use code "RANGER5G" for 10% off the Ranger dock!

Let us know what you think or if you have any questions! Check it out at https://www.docktailors.com

Pics

AFORDRANGER901-C_main_assembled.png

The Dock

AFORDRANGER1901-C_base_assembled.png

Reverse Clamping System — no vehicle modifications.

AFORDRANGER1901_main_assembled.png

Available No Cable Hole Option (Minimalist)

Install Video
Sponsored

Last edited:

JDG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2016 Fiesta ST
@DockTailors This is very slick. Looks like a very well thought out/designed product!

P.S. I also like your watch :like:

Tremorky

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
Very refined product. I don’t use CarPlay as often as I’d like because I end up not fidgeting with a 6” cable I have plugged in. A longer cable I have for charging ends up wrapped around everything 😂. This would solve both problems…,

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I like this, but the problem is when using carplay and Waze, it splits the map and the turn by turn between the big screen and the phone, so you would be losing out on the route turn by turn listing, since the screen is out of sight. I also sometimes have the Waze screen on the big screen and the music player list of songs on the phone, so i can see what's coming up next, makes it easier to skip around than just hitting next song on the steering wheel controller. I'm probably just being too picky and set in my old man ways.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
This is a very nice, well made solution. Welcome to the community!

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Nice. Because of how I use my phone I only use bluetooth and only plug it in when it's dead. It would be cool for v2 to have a wireless charger built into the minimalize version.

bostonburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4 hot pepper red metallic
I've been using the MagSafe dock that DirkM from this forum makes in combination with a wireless CarPlay adapter for a year and a half now and I couldn't see myself switching to this. I use my phone for gauges while driving and with this I wouldn't be able to see it. I also don't like that if you need to pickup your phone it would need to be disconnected from the cable.

bostonburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4 hot pepper red metallic
Nice. Because of how I use my phone I only use bluetooth and only plug it in when it's dead. It would be cool for v2 to have a wireless charger built into the minimalize version.
@DirkM already makes exactly what you're talking about.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
the issues I see though are if more then one person drives the ranger & has different phone it wont work & the fact a lot of people change phones yearly
Yeah but I saw the top plate with the holder is a separate piece. If he makes available that plate by itself it looks like it would be easily swappable.

Tremorky

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
I also thought of the issue with multiple drivers. Doesn’t really apply to me. My next phone will probably vary very little in size so a shim will hopefully cover that. If not I’ll have this phone for another 22 months either way. The price of another console plate will be double what I paid for Dbrand Grip case so it’s not terrible for the convenience. Obviously it would be difficult to create a simple solution in that space that suits everyone. The wireless solution DirkM does is great but I don’t want to deal with the lag of a CarPlay adapter and usually charge my phone overnight. I ordered a Dock Tailor to try out.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
not terribly enamored with wireless charging in vehicle, tbh.

I'm on my 2nd phone (android) where when running AA, wireless charging doesn't supply enough juice to actually charge the phone a noticeable amount. it'll keep the phone from discharging more battery, but wireless charging generates a lot of heat and keeping it on the charger for very long while actually running apps will generate enough heat that the phone goes into protection mode and shuts down.

I got rid of the wireless charger pad in my Ranger (I actually tried 2 different pads in case I could solve it with a different one - neither did the job) and now charge with a cable set up to the fast charging port I installed. I still use AA Wireless to connect, but only charge my phone when it needs it.

My wife's new car has a built-in wireless charging pad (that's fast charging capable) and it's the same. when connected via AA, the phone uses about as much juice as the wireless charger puts out. and it generates a lot of heat.
Sponsored