Ford Introduce Sporty Ranger FX2 Package, Adding Off-Road Style, Capability to 2 Wheel Drive Trucks

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So different tires, air dam delete and an extra gauge? I like the way it looks but it doesn't seem a ton different than my XLT Sport...what am I missing?

0519191656_HDR.jpg
Locking rear differential
Sponsored

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
This appears to be the equivalent of the Tacoma PreRunner. A smart move on Fords part. If this had been available I may have bought it instead of my FX4... maybe...

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This appears to be the equivalent of the Tacoma PreRunner. A smart move on Fords part. If this had been available I may have bought it instead of my FX4... maybe...
The RWD Ranger already sits on the same 4x4 platform as the 4x4 Ranger, but the FX2 package will be better marketing.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
FORD INTRODUCES SPORTY RANGER FX2 PACKAGE, ADDING OFF-ROAD STYLE, CAPABILITY TO TWO-WHEEL-DRIVE TRUCKS

RangerFX2_07_HR.png

RangerFX2_03_HR.png

• As more customers prioritize truck customization and capability options, Ford is enabling Ranger buyers to take their two-wheel-drive truck to the next level with a new FX2 Package
  • Ranger FX2 Package sports tough styling and capability upgrades with an electronic-locking rear differential, off-road tires, off-road-tuned suspension, front underbody guard and Ford’s off-road cluster screen
  • Ranger fans can order the FX2 Package for their trucks now, with deliveries starting in late 2019
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 14, 2019 – Ford is introducing the new Ranger FX2 Package as another choice for customers who want off-road styling and capability in a two-wheel-drive offering.

“FX2 expands Ranger’s options for customers who want tough, off-road style with the functionality of a locking differential but don’t need four-wheel drive,” said Brian Bell, Ford Ranger marketing manager. “This is another way our customers can personalize Ranger to match their lifestyle while getting a great value.”

Aimed at more urban markets, the FX2 Package rides on 17- or available 18-inch off-road tires to add even tougher styling to two-wheel-drive Ranger. A front underbody guard and air dam-delete provide even more distinction, while shielding the underbody and improving approach angles.

Adding to Ranger’s two-wheel-drive capability, the FX2 Package includes an electronic-locking rear differential and off-road-tuned suspension for increased traction and performance off-road. Ford’s off-road cluster screen adds to the FX2 experience inside, where drivers can see pitch, roll and yaw in real time.

Tough looks, not tough choices

Demand for Ranger personalization options continues to increase, with two in every three buyers opting for a Sport Appearance Package, Chrome Appearance Package or STX Appearance Package, while one in every three selects the FX4 Off-Road Package. Over half of Ranger buyers are choosing the Trailer Tow Package.

“We’re seeing sales trends that tell us to grow Ranger’s capability and appearance options even further,” said Chad Callander, Ford Ranger consumer marketing manager. “The FX2 Package is a result of us listening to our customers and what they’re demanding from their trucks.”

Ranger offers a wide variety of packages and options, including the new Black Appearance Package with black accents and high-gloss black wheels, the Sport Appearance Package with Magnetic Gray-painted accents and unique wheels and the Chrome Appearance Package with chrome body accents and bright chrome wheels.

FX2 is the latest addition to Ranger’s capability offerings, which include the Trailer Tow Package with a 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness and Class IV trailer hitch receiver and the FX4 Off-Road Package featuring an electronic locking rear differential and Terrain Management System with Trail Control.

It all starts with Built Ford Tough

Ford Ranger answers the call of truck customers looking for an affordable, rugged and maneuverable midsize pickup that’s Built Ford Tough. Torture-tested alongside Ford F-150 trucks, Ranger quality starts with a high-strength steel frame backbone, proven Ford-built 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission. Great features like a standard 4G LTE modem with Wi-Fi for up to 10 devices and an array of available dealer-installed accessories make Ranger a perfect partner for every adventure.

“What’s most important for our customers is that any personalization offering starts with Built Ford Tough DNA,” said Callander. “You know Ranger is going to live up to Ford’s proven truck standards, however you customize it.”

The FX2 Package is available for $595 (excludes taxes) and can be ordered at dealers now, with deliveries expected in late 2019.
If this was available when I ordered my 2019, I would have jumped on it. I like all of it except the rims.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
If this was available when I ordered my 2019, I would have jumped on it. I like all of it except the rims.
I agree with you.
I'm planning on ordering a 2020 Lariat Supercab in the near future and I love the FX2 package EXCEPT I do not want the sport appearance package that appears to be tagged on to it.
at $595 it is a great deal. A rear locker alone is $395.
The sport appearance package alone is $895..... Go figure that one out
If I can get it WITHOUT the Sport appearance package in going to go for it. If not I'm going to pass.
I much prefer the stock Lariat rims and trim.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you.
I'm planning on ordering a 2020 Lariat Supercab in the near future and I love the FX2 package EXCEPT I do not want the sport appearance package that appears to be tagged on to it.
at $595 it is a great deal. A rear locker alone is $395.
The sport appearance package alone is $895..... Go figure that one out
If I can get it WITHOUT the Sport appearance package in going to go for it. If not I'm going to pass.
I much prefer the stock Lariat rims and trim.
Looking at the order sheet, it says the FX2 is "free-standing package" for the Lariat trim.

2020-my-ranger-order-guide-09-png.png

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Looking at the order sheet, it says the FX2 is "free-standing package" for the Lariat trim.

2020-my-ranger-order-guide-09-png.png
I see it says that but what does that mean?
If it means they just put off road tires on the stock 18" Lariat wheels I am good with that. Great in fact.
I also saw where it said it comes with 17" off road tires and 18" is optional.
I don't care for those optional 18" rims offered

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see it says that but what does that mean?
If it means they just put off road tires on the stock 18" Lariat wheels I am good with that. Great in fact.
I also saw where it said it comes with 17" off road tires and 18" is optional.
I don't care for those optional 18" rims offered
By default the Lariat gets 18" Machined Aluminum wheels, and under the description of the FX2 package, it comes with 17" or 18" off-road tires. Most likely that means you get the 18" off-road tires to fit the standard Lariat wheels.

2020 MY Ranger Order Guide-13.png

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By default the Lariat gets 18" Machined Aluminum wheels, and under the description of the FX2 package, it comes with 17" or 18" off-road tires. Most likely that means you get the 18" off-road tires to fit the standard Lariat wheels.

2020 MY Ranger Order Guide-13.png
Excellent!

The photos are probably just showing a Lariat with BOTH the FX2 and Sport Appearance packages

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I just spent 2 hours at Auto Nation Ford in Torrance CA and confirmed what the FX2 Package includes.
You do get the regular Lariat rims and trim. This confirmed by a call to Ford.
The advertising photos show the truck with the additional Sport Appearance package.

The Dealership likes my planned order so much they filed an order for one just like it.

They also put in an order for ME!!!!!

I have a white platinum Lariat Supercab 500a with the tech package, tow package and FX2 package (decal delete) on order!!!
WHAT A BIG DAY!! I am more than excited.

Probably not going to see it until Feb to April of 2020 but still..........
Yeah for me!!

Last edited:

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to have the bash plates but my lariat already has a lift kit and a locking rear diff. I'm also running the Chrome package which I prefer. I guess with the exception of the bash plates I'm essentially running an FX2 package without the badging.

Live4FW

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Screw with a DAMPER!
Locking rear differential
Does anyone know what it would cost to add an electronic locking rear differential? That’s the only thing I would like to add.
Sponsored