Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased a new Ranger late 2019 and have been slowly building out my vehicle to do some off grid exploration or overlanding. The list of currently completed mods:

Leer 100r Cap
Smittybilt RTT
Shrockworks Sliders
CVT Awning
Ford Ranger Lifts 2.5" Level
Rigid Lights - A Pillar
Lightforce Switch Fascia
Cheap Fridge (Ausranvik)
12v Anderson Powerpoint in Bed
Plywood Floor in Bed to Secure Cargo to secure equipment

I will add some posts with Pics to see the change in appearance over time.
So I will start with what it looked like when I bought it.

20191230_151547 cropped.jpg

20191230_151554 cropped.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
After getting the truck the first purchases I made were for a 2.5 inch level and a pillar mounts. Don't have pics of those installs but shortly after that I installed a pair if rigid lights to as well to complete those 2 projects. The level and a pillar mounts are from fordrangerlifts. To add the switches I used a lightforce fascia. Once installed it looks like it was from the factory. Love the fascia.

20200201_142055 cropped.jpg

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Next was the Leer Cap. I needed a way that I could haul my gear, my dog, and my kids so I went with a cap. My F150 had a similar setup but I learned from my mistakes of old. This time I picked up a cap with their windoors so I can access my camping gear from the side of the truck. The Fridge is accessible as well which is great. No longer need to pull the fridge out to access my yummy cold treats.

20200128_103702 cropped.jpg

20200128_103720 cropped.jpg

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
So now that I have the cap installed, I can make the move from my last truck. Time to move the awning and the RTT over to the top of the of the cap and get the living quarters established. The install went really easy since it was a straight move over from a setup that was almost identical. The RTT is much easier to get into now that it is on top if the Ranger vs being on top of the F150. Love this setup more every day. This is coming together just like I want.

20200222_121142 cropped.jpg

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, quickly getting through all of my mods to date. One of the cool things about this ranger was they wired points into the truck that have power and all we need is a harness to have 12v in the rear. I ordered a harness, clipped the end off and wired on an anderson plug. this gave me a way to power my fridge and not have to worry about the cigarette adapter falling out. I added a couple of d rings to the plywood deck and now have the ability to secure the fridge in the rear of the truck.

20200215_141721cropped.jpg

20200222_132324 cropped.jpg

20200307_124848 cropped.jpg

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
In the meantime I completed a couple of minor projects. I added weather seal to the tailgate, black letters to the tailgate, flags to the front quarter panels, and a phone mount in the cab.

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Latest install was a set of shrockworks sliders. Install was easier than I expected. Used some jack stands to hold the sliders while I moved them into position so I was able to complete the install without anyone holding them for me. Tool about an hour to complete.

20200414_173112.jpg

20200414_180824.jpg

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
So now that I have the cap installed, I can make the move from my last truck. Time to move the awning and the RTT over to the top of the of the cap and get the living quarters established. The install went really easy since it was a straight move over from a setup that was almost identical. The RTT is much easier to get into now that it is on top if the Ranger vs being on top of the F150. Love this setup more every day. This is coming together just like I want.

20200222_121142 cropped.jpg
Love your build so far. Please tell me more about why you decided to have the tent opening over the tailgate of the truck. I'm leaning towards doing this but am worried about the clearance available between the tent ladder and the tailgate when it's down. Do you have a picture showing that clearance. Thanks in advance.

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Latest install was a set of shrockworks sliders. Install was easier than I expected. Used some jack stands to hold the sliders while I moved them into position so I was able to complete the install without anyone holding them for me. Tool about an hour to complete.

20200414_173112.jpg

20200414_180824.jpg
This is my next mod. Ordering them this week. Any problems drilling the hole(s)?

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
This is my next mod. Ordering them this week. Any problems drilling the hole(s)?
Nope, 1 hole, did it today throw some oil on that bit and drill away. Once done bolted right up.

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Love your build so far. Please tell me more about why you decided to have the tent opening over the tailgate of the truck. I'm leaning towards doing this but am worried about the clearance available between the tent ladder and the tailgate when it's down. Do you have a picture showing that clearance. Thanks in advance.
I will try to get a pic once the rain stops here, I like it over the rear because it gives me a dry place to use my stove or work out of my truck once deployed. I have the awning cover the side with the fridge and I can cook on the tailgate if I want. Works great. I have about 2 feet between the ladder and the tailgate so I can move freely.

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered a battery pack to power my fridge and other camp life items. Went with the EcoFlow R600 Pro. Current cost on Kickstarter is great and it has a good runtime. Cant wait to get it, supposed to arrive in September. Will have a review when it arrives.

https://ecoflow-r600-modular-portable.kckb.st/a7cb9da9

r600.png

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Just ordered a battery pack to power my fridge and other camp life items. Went with the EcoFlow R600 Pro. Current cost on Kickstarter is great and it has a good runtime. Cant wait to get it, supposed to arrive in September. Will have a review when it arrives.

https://ecoflow-r600-modular-portable.kckb.st/a7cb9da9

r600.png
Will Prowse did a review of an Ecoflow generator and he gave it high marks. Highly reccomended.

OP
OP
RVA Overland

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Will Prowse did a review of an Ecoflow generator and he gave it high marks. Highly reccomended.
I saw that one. I have struggled between the portable power and getting the controllers and batteries. This just seems like the most cost effective way to go and I can move it between vehicles.
Sponsored