Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
  • Banned
So I was noticing our local area helicopter medevac company gets called to a lot of stabbings. I assume its because local hospitals cant handle that type of vascular trauma so they need to go to the bigger city hospitals for care/surgery. No brainer, it is what it is.
I wanted to google the criteria for local ambulances when calling for an air ambulance, to just see what other traumas are going to guarantee you a helicopter ride.
I came across this snippet in the documentation and wondered if our Rangers had that capability. GM with their OnStar I assume has it. We have the 911 capability on our trucks if we activate it, but do they get all that info? or just a gps location?
Kinda interesting to know how much data our trucks can transmit to those coming to help us.

1667756225213.png
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I know we have a modem in the passenger side footwell. You can turn off and on location tracking so you can see the location of your truck on your Fordpass app too. Mine shows disabled but that doesn't mean the modem isn't sending out data anyways.
Sponsored