Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Hi Folks,

Update of sorts..... Until today, the poor tortoise was constipated and was quite lethargic. We were going to embark on trying to give Tito 5cc of mineral oil...a tricky task to get him to take this mineral oil to loosen him up... However, we tried Plan B first....soaked him in warm water in the laundry tub for over an hour...not a lot of fun standing over the laundry tub for an hour, but it worked...got him out of the water, dried him off somewhat and about 20 minutes later he blew the butt plug out on the tile in the living room and then laid a fairly large long log too... Yea! No mineral oil needed. Tito immediately started moving faster and is now on patrol of his territory which is the great room... Why did this work...well...one characteristic of the Sonoran Desert Tortoise is they can drink water via their butt... So a very lengthy soak can and in Tito's case, it worked...,hydrate the tortoise's intestinal tract...

The mineral oil would have been tricky, You have to hide the plastic syringe in a piece of Kale and then when he opens his mouth to bite the kale, you shoot a bit of mineral into his open mouth and then get retract the syringe before he chomps the kale... You can get about half a cc in each time so it takes a long time and Tito is not the most patient tortoise when it comes to food...

Anyway plan C was to take him to the Exotic Animal Veterinary Clinic in Tucson. No need now!

Best,
Phil
awesome! good job tito we knew you could do it ! I never have his problem. normally i hoping for green lights and not to sneeze...
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Update of sorts..... Until today, the poor tortoise was constipated and was quite lethargic. We were going to embark on trying to give Tito 5cc of mineral oil...a tricky task to get him to take this mineral oil to loosen him up... However, we tried Plan B first....soaked him in warm water in the laundry tub for over an hour...not a lot of fun standing over the laundry tub for an hour, but it worked...got him out of the water, dried him off somewhat and about 20 minutes later he blew the butt plug out on the tile in the living room and then laid a fairly large long log too... Yea! No mineral oil needed. Tito immediately started moving faster and is now on patrol of his territory which is the great room... Why did this work...well...one characteristic of the Sonoran Desert Tortoise is they can drink water via their butt... So a very lengthy soak can and in Tito's case, it worked...,hydrate the tortoise's intestinal tract...

The mineral oil would have been tricky, You have to hide the plastic syringe in a piece of Kale and then when he opens his mouth to bite the kale, you shoot a bit of mineral into his open mouth and then get retract the syringe before he chomps the kale... You can get about half a cc in each time so it takes a long time and Tito is not the most patient tortoise when it comes to food...

Anyway plan C was to take him to the Exotic Animal Veterinary Clinic in Tucson. No need now!

Best,
Phil
Tito was exhausted today after pooping, a plate of Kale and trying to get back to his favorite place next to Margie's feet... He did not make it before falling asleep in the middle of nowhere. He usually parks his shell up against things and likes a "roof" over him... One tired tortoise....

Pooped.jpg

Best,
Phil

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Tito was exhausted today after pooping, a plate of Kale and trying to get back to his favorite place next to Margie's feet... He did not make it before falling asleep in the middle of nowhere. He usually parks his shell up against things and likes a "roof" over him... One tired tortoise....

Pooped.jpg

Best,
Phil
Dang it Phil , now I can't quit thinking about this turtle that I've never even met or helped out of the road , yes I'm the guy that stops traffic to get a turtle out of traffic , and , that doesn't always end well , believe me . I'm of the opinion that Tito could have his own thread with pics and updates about his adventures (what's fetch like I wonder ?) and any backstories that might get triggered... Thoughts ?

BiilyJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Phil, I wish I could pm you, but I guess this is the next best way.

I was wandering around the internet and looked on a different ranger forum, just being nosey. I saw some people complaining, and a saw a rangermanager guy post and try to respond with helpful information. They did not seem to appreciate his insight.

I'd just like to reiterate what most everyone on this forum has said, I very much appreciate your insight, wisdom, and experiences.

Please never go back to that awful place again.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, I wish I could pm you, but I guess this is the next best way.

I was wandering around the internet and looked on a different ranger forum, just being nosey. I saw some people complaining, and a saw a rangermanager guy post and try to respond with helpful information. They did not seem to appreciate his insight.

I'd just like to reiterate what most everyone on this forum has said, I very much appreciate your insight, wisdom, and experiences.

Please never go back to that awful place again.
Hi Billy,

Yep...that was me....testing the waters...Agreed...not worth the effort...so much like I thought Taco World is/was....

Best,
Phil
Sponsored