First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Architectural Designer
I am picking up a 3,500 pound trailer shortly, and need info regarding the TBC. I have tow package 2019 Lariat. Is it ok to use any old TBC? With all of the electronic sensors, emergency systems, etc. i am a little worried. Thanks.
Sponsored

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
I am picking up a 3,500 pound trailer shortly, and need info regarding the TBC. I have tow package 2019 Lariat. Is it ok to use any old TBC? With all of the electronic sensors, emergency systems, etc. i am a little worried. Thanks.
Hi Steve,

I’m not a tower so can’t answer, but I did try a forum search on “tbc” and looks like there’s a few threads that you can probably find your answer. I would start there.

Chris

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Steve

As Chris indicated there are many threads on TBC. Your best bet is the Ford TBC which is made by RedArc but is compatible with the Ranger features like AEB etc. So it depends on the cost and ease of install and your affordability.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored