First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
So called "Tennis Elbow" is caused by repetitively gripping something (Hamer, tennis racket etc.) using excessive force in your grip. This causes tendons to stress and in extreme cases rupture. A constriction band like the ones highlighted in post 4 can give some relief after the fact. Ice, ibuprofen and rest is the only cure for all but the most severe cases (read that ruptures.)
I am very susceptible to this type injury so when ever I knowing perform tasks that could cause this injury I were a "Band" while working to help prevent harm.
Believe me with the band properly worn, you will know immediately when you are excessively exerting yourself because the band will try to limit your grip.
Sponsored

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Anthony, I used to play racquetball pretty competitively and struggled with tennis elbow. I took time of from the game and did the ibuprofen thing and it went away but come back shortly after picking the game back up. The problem was two fold:
1: I had bad form, a swing that straining the joint.
2: I had a diet that caused a lot of internal inflammation.

I took time away to rest my elbow and then worked with a coach to fix my swing which almost fixed it entirely but changing my diet to a low-inflammation diet was a massive help as it was the remaining piece of solving tennis elbow but solved/improved a whole host of other things.