First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
First, welcome to the group. On your test drive get a independent shop to examine your car, prior to signing papers. There are no guarantees, but you’ll at least sleep better.

then you can relax and enjoy the ranger.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Hello everyone, I'm the "new guy" here, my first post.

This thread scares the Cr@P out of me... you see I have finally, with the help of a lawyer, gotten Honda to buy back my brand new / LESS than 4k miles Ridgeline. It's spent well over a MONTH at the dealer for a leak. They replaced the rear window a few times, had the ENTIRE (seats, headliner, etc.) interior out (which caused damaged to several parts) and STILL water is leaking into the cab from somewhere related to the rear window / rear "C" pillar / or??? I have photos of water pooled up on the metal body under the rear carpet. A good wash or few hours of rain and it's back. The rear carpet area is wet all the time.

Anyway, a lawyer (Honda pays ALL legal fees) and over 160 days (nearly 40+ at the dealer, + 120 sitting in my driveway un-driven while the legal process played out) and I've finally signed their buy back offer agreement. The agreement stipulates that I can not discuss the actual dollar amount of the offer, but lets just say, it's every penny I paid for it PLUS the "OEM" Honda stuff I added.

Soooooo I am scheduled to look at a 2022 Ranger LARIAT / TREMOR tomorrow, and now I see this thread.

I absolutely can NOT deal with another new truck / car / whatever that leaks. If I did, you'd likely be hearing about me on the news ;-|

Soooooo I guess assuming I did get close to laying out the close to $50K tomorrow I'd better demand they REALLY REALLY do a pre delivery wash to the truck? Right? (If ONLY I had done that with the Honda)

This would be my first ever FORD in a lifetime of only buying new cars. Honestly I never thought about buying a FORD, based mostly on hearsay about the quality. But, after dealing with this Honda for just over a year now (car is just over a year, leak was discovered after first wash), a manufacturer that I thought built a quality product, I just don't know or TRUST anyone to make something properly.

Wish me luck tomorrow. You may, or may not, see pictures of a new owners Ranger? Poor dealer, he has no idea what he's in for.
Don’t worry, be happy.

This is a super uncommon issue and you know what they say about lightening striking twice. Hope you enjoy your dry new tremor! It’s really a sweet truck most of us are very happy with them. The main complaint with the ranger is the sloppy suspension and that doesn’t factor into the tremor at all. It’s set up great from the factory.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
No water issues here. Even after driving it into one hell of a storm that flooded i45 a bit coming out of Galveston.

Issues on mine: Small noise issue that got sorted out and a semi broken cup holder... Long story on that last one.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
The deal was killed over 335 dollars? I was just as big of an ass with my deal tbh. They "found" a better program make it happen.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Hello everyone, I'm the "new guy" here, my first post.

This thread scares the Cr@P out of me... you see I have finally, with the help of a lawyer, gotten Honda to buy back my brand new / LESS than 4k miles Ridgeline. It's spent well over a MONTH at the dealer for a leak. They replaced the rear window a few times, had the ENTIRE (seats, headliner, etc.) interior out (which caused damaged to several parts) and STILL water is leaking into the cab from somewhere related to the rear window / rear "C" pillar / or??? I have photos of water pooled up on the metal body under the rear carpet. A good wash or few hours of rain and it's back. The rear carpet area is wet all the time.

Anyway, a lawyer (Honda pays ALL legal fees) and over 160 days (nearly 40+ at the dealer, + 120 sitting in my driveway un-driven while the legal process played out) and I've finally signed their buy back offer agreement. The agreement stipulates that I can not discuss the actual dollar amount of the offer, but lets just say, it's every penny I paid for it PLUS the "OEM" Honda stuff I added.

Soooooo I am scheduled to look at a 2022 Ranger LARIAT / TREMOR tomorrow, and now I see this thread.

I absolutely can NOT deal with another new truck / car / whatever that leaks. If I did, you'd likely be hearing about me on the news ;-|

Soooooo I guess assuming I did get close to laying out the close to $50K tomorrow I'd better demand they REALLY REALLY do a pre delivery wash to the truck? Right? (If ONLY I had done that with the Honda)

This would be my first ever FORD in a lifetime of only buying new cars. Honestly I never thought about buying a FORD, based mostly on hearsay about the quality. But, after dealing with this Honda for just over a year now (car is just over a year, leak was discovered after first wash), a manufacturer that I thought built a quality product, I just don't know or TRUST anyone to make something properly.

Wish me luck tomorrow. You may, or may not, see pictures of a new owners Ranger? Poor dealer, he has no idea what he's in for.

With all the members here I want to say that there have only been 2-3 of us with rear window leaks. The main reason it took so long to identify was where the water leak was and that there was never a damp spot in the carpet. Only after they discovered a secondary leak in the door seal and pulled the carpeting were they able to locate the rear window leak.

What does seem to be more common is water leaks from improperly installed cabin vents behind the back seats (not clicked into place) or from real slider window not being completely closed. I would not take my experience as a reason to be concerned about the Ranger. It's just how my luck goes as Murphy and I are best of friends... ?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
(see my post above from Feb 12),

Well, on my drive home, 10 min after I left I was getting emails from the Sales Mgr, "what can we do to make this happen?" Well, you can meet my price. "Would you split the difference?" Nope. Then an email from the Internet Sales Mgr, "I'll do your price, how soon can you get back today?" Well, by the time I get back it will be dark, and I'm not comfortable inspecting the vehicle in the dark (I've JUST completed, with a lawyer a FULL $ Buy Back on my 4k mile "new" truck due to water leaking into the cab, that after several attempts at fixes over 40+ days, STILL leaks, + the damage to the interior caused during the "fixes"). I said, IF your offer is still valid in the morning I'll be there when you open?

He agreed.

We arrived the next morning (40min drive each way), and there it was, right in front of the doors, all washed and detailed! I even got an apology, saying their Sales Manger shouldn't have stopped the deal over $300 the day before. I then said, "Looks good!, let's go wash it AGAIN!" The one sales person looked perplexed, but the other, the one we took the test drive with and the one I explained my Buy Back situation to, said "sure".

So we did, back in the shop / wash area, me in the truck, them with a pressure washer hitting every window and seam. All looked good. Paid UNDER MSRP, like you would in the "before times".

Anyway, now 50mi in I'm liking most things about the truck (what the heck Ford, save 10 cents on NOT having the shift P R D S illuminate on the shift console, really? How thin can you make the sheet metal / no sound deadening in the doors? (have already added Dynamat and is WAY better).
Now we are all waiting. Post pics of your new Tremor . . . or it didn't happen !! ;)

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Well.. It took nearly a year from start to finish for Ford to completely fix the issue. This is to say not only fix the leaks but get the truck back to where it was before taking it in the first time. This includes replacing the rear window twice due to a broken defroster tab, failing to properly attach the C-pillar panels on both sides, and finally re-tinting the rear window... Again.

Most of the time delay was waiting on Ford to finally send the various replacement parts to the dealership. It took them a combined total of 9 months to get two windows and a door weather seal out to the dealership...

Way to go Ford...
Sponsored