First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Sports Photographer
Been hearing this strange noise under the passenger side dash whenever the AC is on. It happens when the truck is on, and for awhile after it is shut off. Almost seems like an animal in there but it has been doing this months so I dont think that is the case.

Any thoughts? I am stumped on what this could be. Video of noise attached. Hopefully it plays.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer
could be alot of things.
hows the heat selection system working? does it blend the temps properly? make noise while transitioning?
any evidence of animals in there at all depositing nuts, turds or nesting materials?
does it still do it when you turn up the volume of the stereo?
Heat selection seems to be fine. No abnormal noise while changing settings. Although sometimes the manual buttons dont seem to change the settings, I have to use the touch screen.

No evidence of animals. Thats the first thing I checked and thought.

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer
Dropped off my truck at dealer today for ongoing driveshaft issue. Brought up the AC noise and showed them the vid. Advisors says that is normal and has to do with the motor that activates to keep moisture out of the blower box after the vehicle is off.

Seems legit I guess. As long as my AC isnt about to implode I will live with it.

wiss

First Name
Wisam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLS crew cab 4x2
Occupation
ebayer
Been hearing this strange noise under the passenger side dash whenever the AC is on. It happens when the truck is on, and for awhile after it is shut off. Almost seems like an animal in there but it has been doing this months so I dont think that is the case.

Any thoughts? I am stumped on what this could be. Video of noise attached. Hopefully it plays.
it is the AC vent ACTUATOR that open and close the vent , behind the glove box , causing that noise . mine has 3000 miles , i change that piece myself
Sponsored