Some help removing the armrest (lid to storage compartment) on Ford Ranger 2018 Wildtrack

rangerblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Wildtrak
Hello,

I may have lost a small item down the back of hinge that is located on the underside of the driver's arm rest (on top of the cooling sotrage compartment) of my 2018 Ford Ranger.

I was looking to see if there is an easy way to remove this so that I can check. I can't seem to find anything on doing this specific task.

Hopefully I have posted this on the right board.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Sponsored

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Hello,

I may have lost a small item down the back of hinge that is located on the underside of the driver's arm rest (on top of the cooling sotrage compartment) of my 2018 Ford Ranger.

I was looking to see if there is an easy way to remove this so that I can check. I can't seem to find anything on doing this specific task.

Hopefully I have posted this on the right board.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
If it's like the North American market Rangers, the back of the console pops off. The retainers for the hinge are readily accessible once thar back cover is off.

OP
OP

rangerblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Wildtrak
Hello, SOHK_Alumni

Thank you for your reply

I think it may be different from the American models. I tried to remove the back cover, but it seems to be fastened, tight. I had a look underneeth with a borescope, and i can see bolts. Can't seem to find any info on how to remove this back panel anywhere online.

If you have any other ideas, or know anything else that I could maybe try, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sponsored