Self Locking Nightmare

DapperDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
I have the proximity fob (no key). I parked at the walgreens and mistakenly left the fob the truck - therefore it was unlocked. I came back and the doors were locked. I called Ford and they said to use my remote lock opener in the Ford Pass app. However, I hadn't set that up! I had to take an Uber home to get my other fob and then Uber back to the truck. The other fob got me in. It's never happened since, but you can bet I've enabled my Ford Pass remote options!
Sponsored

Suzukibking

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 ranger
Occupation
Retired-millwright
now that the whole story is out and we all now know you were "bass fishing" we can understand why your options had become limited. Even if your phone was capable of making a call and in your hands, I wouldn't call a tow truck either. They are crooked and you would be paying him to keep quiet about your "fishing spot"

you learned a valuable lesson going to a remote area, late at night without a back up plan or for that matter a better plan. an expensive lesson.

FYI, if the keys are in the ignition, the doors wont lock. so perhaps just leave them in there.
other options have been discussed, ie keypad, take a spare key or fob that stays in your "tackle box" with your shovels.
there is no explanation for why your truck randomly locks.
mine doesn't do it, nor have any fords I've owned in the past.
either you have an electrical glitch, or you're doing something you don't realise.
my 2019 ranger locked me out at a gas station near my house, my keys were in and truck was running, luckily I had my phone in my pocket. I’ve always thought that I touched the lock button as I got out. Now I wonder.