SCAM ALERT: Unsolicited messages/conversations asking you to email someone for parts!

Ranger1776

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
Delivery driver / construction worker
I believe I’m bumping an old thread but I found a solution

95BE106E-966D-48D6-892B-F24F1A5BD16E.png

A48328EE-9B06-4093-9487-1D59D846AF22.png
Sponsored

Ross165123

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger xlt, 2006 4runner limited, 2002 Tacoma TRD, 2017 Ram 3500, 1995 Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Truck Driver
Thanks for the warning!

Jsindelar

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Manufacturing
You are not the only one. If I drive more than an hour mine freeze up. I am at the dealership now and they are thinking it's the high pressure switch. I'll let you know when they tell me.

abuckoh5

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger FX4
Occupation
Nurse
Thanks for the heads up, but fortunately craigslist has already broken my faith in humanity.

808 monsta

First Name
Kaleolani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger saber orange
Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
Dear Ranger5G members -

We are having all users read this to make everyone aware of a common scam taking place on Ranger5G and other forums. This involves a new user (typically one who has joined recently without an extensive post history -- but this may not always be the case), sending unsolicited private messages to other users, telling you to email someone for a part that you're interested in purchasing.

The scammer will then show you fake (but credible) photos of the product and have you send money for it. Of course, the part is never delivered and the Paypal account is closed down to avoid chargebacks.

If you receive ANY unsolicited private messages asking you to contact someone regarding the purchase of parts, REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY (using the Report function at the bottom of the message). This will help us weed out these scammers so they don't harm anyone else on the forum.

Thank you for your help.
I just joined your site, and thank you for the heads up.

FL Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Dear Ranger5G members -

We are having all users read this to make everyone aware of a common scam taking place on Ranger5G and other forums. This involves a new user (typically one who has joined recently without an extensive post history -- but this may not always be the case), sending unsolicited private messages to other users, telling you to email someone for a part that you're interested in purchasing.

The scammer will then show you fake (but credible) photos of the product and have you send money for it. Of course, the part is never delivered and the Paypal account is closed down to avoid chargebacks.

If you receive ANY unsolicited private messages asking you to contact someone regarding the purchase of parts, REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY (using the Report function at the bottom of the message). This will help us weed out these scammers so they don't harm anyone else on the forum.

Thank you for your help.
So I guess that ex-Nigerian Prince is not a Ranger owner...doh!

Adam

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I tried adjusting the LED headlights by hand and a socket wrench at the 8mm bolt mentioned earlier. No luck. The lights never moved up or down. They are way to low. Trying both clockwise and counter clockwise through dozens of complete turns did nothing at all. Thoughts?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I tried adjusting the LED headlights by hand and a socket wrench at the 8mm bolt mentioned earlier. No luck. The lights never moved up or down. They are way to low. Trying both clockwise and counter clockwise through dozens of complete turns did nothing at all. Thoughts?
YEP this thread was made just for YOU

RangerRay1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Ranger5G members -

Thank you for your help.
Thank you for Letting us know.

Covid_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Dear Ranger5G members -

Thank you for your help.
Thank you for the alert.