Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Class A Commercial Driver
@aus10nator First, nice looking rig. I just wanted to ask what suspension / wheel modifications you did to run 35s on your rig. Do you think that had anything to do with driveline issues? Thanks.
Thanks man. I’m on Fox 2.5 coils with about 3 inches of lift. To run 35’s you’ll need to run 2.5 inches of lift minimum. I have zero offset wheels, 17x8. I know fellow Tremor owners on 34’s and 35’s that haven’t had this problem. It was purely circumstance, from wheeling hard that day.
Sponsored

Max Crafter

Banned
Banned
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Just to invoke more ignorance is bliss comments, I ugga-dugga’d that pinion nut on there. Needless to say, I did about 500 miles round trip since I did this “upgrade”, including some pretty good off-road fun at the Ocotillo-Wells “Truckhaven” and have had zero issues thus far. I’m not worried about it at all. Will probably check shaft rotation tonight after work. :like:
The thing is, if you didnt get the pinion torqued correctly, you're not likely to see an immediate death in the first 500 miles. it's more than likely going to be a slower death, but an inevitable death.

If this guy was ugga dugga'd too much and you find the shaft rotation is too tight (remember, the rear brake pads need to be removed to properly check this) and you think you're just gonna back off the nut to loosen it up to get the 16-29inlbs, you're sadly mistaken and problems will arise. Ignorance is bliss.

1683339607960.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
aus10nator

aus10nator

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Class A Commercial Driver
Bump!

I originally swapped out my Rzeppa at approximately 10k miles. With a tick over 30k miles on the clock now, here’s the result of my rear diff fluid change.

You can continue to argue how ignorance is bliss, and how your friends cousins grandpa did this 150 years ago and his diff exploded, all you want. I don’t care what you keyboard warriors have to say.

This is a real-world result using readily available factory parts, and a little common sense. Big shoutout to Ford for making such an astound pickup truck. Onwards to TW 1 piece goodness!

:cool:

IMG_4299.jpeg