RIP Eddie Van Halen

Hot Pepper Red Zeppelin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Prayers to his family and friends.

Thanks for all the memories, beginning with the first time me and my buddies spun Van Halen on a turntable and basically were in shock trying to comprehend what we had just heard.

Godspeed and rock on.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Prayers to his family and friends.

Thanks for all the memories, beginning with the first time me and my buddies spun Van Halen on a turntable and basically were in shock trying to comprehend what we had just heard.

Godspeed and rock on.
Always loved Van Halen! Sad....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Rest in peace brother, prayers to the family.

Saw VH three times in concert. The last time was about 5 years or so ago. Eddie still sounded outstanding, David lee has some voice cracking issues. I have a lot of there songs on my phone as well as my thumb drive in my Ranger.

I heard a recorded interview with Eddie, he said "our band is like Zeppelin and others, hard-driving rock, no synthesizers, I want to plug my guitar into an amp and blaze away. If you cant plug in your guitar while wearing your underwear and get up on stage and play then you aren't worth a damn."

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Something I had to share: Edward L. van Halen was granted patent #US4656917A. In the patent application, his invention was described as a device to hold a musical instrument "to permit total freedom of the player's hands to play the instrument in a completely new way" and "explore the musical instrument as never before." Below is one of the illustrations submitted in support of the patent application.
Van Halen.png

Without a doubt, he explore that musical instrument as never before. RIP.

(Many thanks to Kevin Underhill at Lowering the Bar for bringing this to my attention)

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Never saw VH with DLR, but saw them twice with Sammy when I was stationed in Hawaii. Eddie was awesome. Will definitely be missed,
Sponsored