First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX
Occupation
Professional Idiot
Do all trim levels leave the rear quarter behind the wheel open. Sorry for the lack luster picture. Was preparing to spray the undercarriage with CRC HD Corrosion and noticed this.
Figured if something exists to keep the mud out, it would be a good idea to source the part.

IMAG0191.jpg
Sponsored

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Totally normal.
Hide your contraband in there.

OP
OP

nutzNboltz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX
Occupation
Professional Idiot
Funny, I was just reading one of your posts about fender vents. The human/toilet paper signature had me laughing.
On the fender vents, I have read they are held on with 3m two sided tape and two locator pins. Others say they have those stupid push anchors on the pin backs. .... What did you find?
Doing these as soon as the day warms a bit.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Do all trim levels leave the rear quarter behind the wheel open. Sorry for the lack luster picture. Was preparing to spray the undercarriage with CRC HD Corrosion and noticed this.
Figured if something exists to keep the mud out, it would be a good idea to source the part.

IMAG0191.jpg
I saw that previously on mine, I would normally have sprayed but my friend who owns a body shop says it's a waste of time/money b/c no one galvanizes the metal at the factory anymore. Sure it will make it quieter and possibly protect it from outside-in rust caused by rocks etc. He claims that the majority of the rust he sees is from the inside-out and surface coatings will not help.

Our 2016 escape a quite a number of areas that the outside coating was NOT broken but started from the inside. I tried in vain to get FoMoCo to step up, all the way to the regional rep/manager and got the blow-off. Ended up trading it off for the 2020 in the end, it was not worth dumping the money into to fix.

OP
OP

nutzNboltz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX
Occupation
Professional Idiot
I am always amazed at some of the galvanised body vehicles. They really did last.
The CRC stuff is just lanolin/cosmoline. If nothing else it will keep the hardware from rusting here in Ohio I guess.
Sponsored