Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen a shouting 'Dave' meme a few times in these forums.
What's the reference?
Was there a member named Dave that was all about dampeners?
Like: Damper Dave?
You’re kidding around, right?
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I've seen a shouting 'Dave' meme a few times in these forums.
What's the reference?
Was there a member named Dave that was all about dampeners?
Like: Damper Dave?
Refers to AzScorpion, a great member, a great moderator, who happens to be the CEO of DeeZee.
He is better known as "The Damper King".
His name is Dave, and when we want him to notice something we insert our buddie, calling his name .

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
When I was new I asked the question "do you get paid to sell these things". I am mostly on the forum via phone so I didn't see Dave's occupation, but I could tell he was a damper enthusiast ... Doh!

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
When I was new I asked the question "do you get paid to sell these things". I am mostly on the forum via phone so I didn't see Dave's occupation, but I could tell he was a damper enthusiast ... Doh!
That explains it.
I don't think I've been on this site other than from my phone.
I just looked up his profile. It's all starting to make sense now.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
That explains it.
I don't think I've been on this site other than from my phone.
I just looked up his profile. It's all starting to make sense now.
now you have 2 choices. Either let the brainwashing sink in or show us you have a strong mind and refuse the damper.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
One of the first to welcome me. In fact, I think I had to fill out a dampener questionnaire before my membership was approved.
And be careful and muster all the willpower that you have. He's in the process of turning me (60 years old, mind you) into a fancy-pants guy that washes his car. For the cars in my past, I may have washed them a dozen times all together in my life. And maybe waxed half a dozen times. I let God wash my cars with rain and never was bothered about how my cars looked. I vacuumed them more often, but that's probably about two dozen times in my life!

Well, I've washed my Ranger twice since I got it two months ago. I haven't yet rubbed it down with a mitt or sponge but ...

I now have a fancy pressure washer, a foam cannon (I never knew what that was until this forum), fancy soaps, and even a "detailing" cart. To be fair, this sudden building up of car washing stuff is also because my wife's gotten herself a special car and she's a nut for washing it weekly.

BUT ... I can't lie, I think about washing my "Soupie" (a race red Ranger) quite a bit and do enjoy using the pressure washer on it.

The real proof that I'll be identifying as a "car washer" is when I do my first graphene coating!

That's probably the number two thing, after the darn damper, that Dave coerces you into doing. I got myself a bottle of it and it's just a matter of time before I go to the the dark side (or should that be, the shiny side?).

Dave's an enabler, the best there is. I wouldn't be surprised if he was high-level with the CIA or an Illuminati!

I posted this pic before, but it's proof that I am a weak person and easily malleable! =D

1660219940703.png

But to be fair, @AzScorpion's been an enabler in fun and his insight has led to greater enjoyment of my Ranger. And this forum and all it's members have added fantastic ideas and knowledge about the Ranger and extended how awesome it is for me. =)
Sponsored