Ranger XLT

Beard Oil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hey everyone, new member here and am looking into buying a new Ranger. I have been seeing what everyone is paying and expecting to receive discount wise on a 2019. This is the information the dealer quoted me for. Let me know if I need to be more aggressive and seek a better deal, thank you much. This is the Window Sticker https://www.windowsticker.forddirec...cguid=SH-0e549bd8-830b-c477-4fd4-82f9aeb4d7c9
D7A473C4-AA36-40E8-9267-6FA7EE65D957.jpeg
Sponsored

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
You should be able to do much better on the selling price by several thousand dollars off that MSRP.

ParkRanger90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
You should be able to do much better on the selling price by several thousand dollars off that MSRP.
Depends if he’s also trying to get 0/84 deal. Around my parts they won’t combine them.

OP
OP

Beard Oil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yeah they wouldn’t combine the offers for me as well. Right now we are stalemated around 6k off MSRP. I’m in no hurry!

Juggar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Software development.
Yeah they wouldn’t combine the offers for me as well. Right now we are stalemated around 6k off MSRP. I’m in no hurry!
Been in the same boat but today they said they got new incentives and trade assistance from Ford.

Been really working them over on a truck, I demand 0% and the truck has been on their lot for 242 days. ....

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Been really working them over on a truck, I demand 0% and the truck has been on their lot for 242 days. ....

sorry to sidebar, but how many miles on the truck? You should be concerned about potential flat spots on the tires.

Juggar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Software development.

sorry to sidebar, but how many miles on the truck? You should be concerned about potential flat spots on the tires.
Its new so under 50 probably.

It just insane how these dealers are like "This is the lowest price".... Ok, then no one is going to buy it, you've had it 242 days, at some point you MUST cut your losses.

I dont have to buy anything, so no loss to me. Funny how in denial some of these dealers are.

I will rebuke an awful offer then they come back the next day willing to talk actual numbers.

OP
OP

Beard Oil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Its new so under 50 probably.

It just insane how these dealers are like "This is the lowest price".... Ok, then no one is going to buy it, you've had it 242 days, at some point you MUST cut your losses.

I dont have to buy anything, so no loss to me. Funny how in denial some of these dealers are.

I will rebuke an awful offer then they come back the next day willing to talk actual numbers.
Props to you if you pull that off bud! I know exactly what you mean, they have been on the lot for almost a year, at least the two that I am looking at.

I’ll wait it out, I’m in no rush. They have new ford offers?? Did they say what they were?

Juggar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Software development.
Props to you if you pull that off bud! I know exactly what you mean, they have been on the lot for almost a year, at least the two that I am looking at.

I’ll wait it out, I’m in no rush. They have new ford offers?? Did they say what they were?
It was super vague and exactly what you'd expect from a dealership trying to make a sale but here it is verbatim:

As Ford is continuing to monitor the Covid-19 situation, their incentives are changing almost by the week. They did just happen to introduce some great new incentives that we are offering on a deal by deal basis, and we'd love to pass off those savings onto you! Even if we may have previously quoted you before, these savings may affect the vehicle you're on too and I'd be happy to relook at things. Not to mention with it being a new sales quarter, Ford may also have given some of our customers private offers to help ON TOP of these. Used vehicles as well with extra coupons we can use on a first come, first serve basis!

Ford also is offering some additional money to us to put towards your trades! So if you have a trade, or maybe already received a number from us, let us take a look at it so that we can make sure you are getting the most out of your trade!

Juggar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Software development.
So its like all car deals, beat your head against a wall until you find a dealer willing to make a good deal to sell an old new inventory truck or some such. perhaps at a small loss to make a bonus.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I feel that dealers, here at least, don't really want to reduce prices without Ford offering rebates.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
tell them to give you the trade assistance number on top (with no trade of course) if you get that say 1500 (its up to 3500 around here) and to give 500 as your brother law is a fire fighter.lol then you it a home run!!your close, but you can do better in this environment .

ParkRanger90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I feel that dealers, here at least, don't really want to reduce prices without Ford offering rebates.
I had a dealer expect me to pay MSRP because I wanted the 0/84 deal. I immediately walked out.
Sponsored