First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
automotive technician
2019 Ranger Supercab, looking at the 6-speaker radio schematic it doesn't look any different than my old ST1 Focus ST (frt & rear door speakers, tweeters coming off the frt speakers). Based off of that it looks like I can do a high level install off the speakers, maybe more (not worried about wiring right now). One issue I see from poking around the interior is the Super Cab is a bit limited in space to mount any line converters/amps/subs/etc. Anyone with a SuperCab Ranger have any luck deciding where to mount anything in a SuperCab?
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I was debating changing out speakers in my truck. I read on here somewhere a guy mounted an a small class D amp behind the radio. I have a set of infinity kappa speakers laying around that would fit in the doors. I also have a set of kicker 3 way's. I was looking at replacement mid range speakers for the front doors an keeping the factory tweeters.

OP
OP
Plinky

Plinky

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
automotive technician
I was debating changing out speakers in my truck. I read on here somewhere a guy mounted an a small class D amp behind the radio. I have a set of infinity kappa speakers laying around that would fit in the doors. I also have a set of kicker 3 way's. I was looking at replacement mid range speakers for the front doors an keeping the factory tweeters.
I have all the components from my Focus ST except the speakers (wasn't ripping the door panels again at the last minute + I didn't have the OEM speakers to reinstall :crazy:). I have an AC LCQ-1 & JL 5ch amp that would work with this truck, but there's no real good spot to mount anything.

The SuperCab back seats are mounted to the back of the cab, so that's no good, & there's no real space under the front seats so I may end up doing something similar with a Kicker Key amp & new speakers for the doors.

There are some compartments under the back seat cushions that may hold a powered compact sub, but I didn't feel like standing in the rain today to take some measurements. Posted this to see if anyone has come up with any ideas.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
wouldn't those bins hold a lot of heat in? I put a sound digital 400.2 on my harley with hertz speakers an it sounds great to me. Those amps are so small they fit about anywhere. I have a massive audio amp but it's too big for the big an probably too big for the truck. I never use the rear seats I could just use the space between the seats

OP
OP
Plinky

Plinky

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
automotive technician
wouldn't those bins hold a lot of heat in? I put a sound digital 400.2 on my harley with hertz speakers an it sounds great to me. Those amps are so small they fit about anywhere. I have a massive audio amp but it's too big for the big an probably too big for the truck. I never use the rear seats I could just use the space between the seats
Probably, but after looking this afternoon, unless I put a tool box in the back the jack takes up one of those compartments & the other doesn't give much room for anything. Looking like I'll go the mini amp route for the door speakers &, unless something comes up, that'll be it.
Sponsored