Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking of doing those touch-less quick drive through automatic car wash’s .. found one that is highly rated .. but:

Which “monthly unlimited subscription” do I choose?

Should I do the high end on that has a wax and sealant .. or the middle of the line .. or he’ll just a basic wash membership?

I do clean my vehicle very thoughtfully and thoroughly with Meguairs (gonna try some Adams products too) interior cleaner and leather conditioner .. along with a spray wax once a month .. all with microfiber towels that I bring (of course).

but if I need a quick nice wash for the weekend and / or wanna have the wash done before doing a date night or whatever .. just thought it would be nice to have this kind of touch-less membership.

So if any of you guys have used these types .. do you know which is the better wash for keeping our cars in preying condition? Should I do the hot carNauba wax and sealant higher end ones or just the basic ones ?

thanks ya’ll ?☺?
For reference, I have 86K miles on my Ranger...have never hand washed it due to hard water at home so I run it through a touch-less auto wash at a local big gas station franchise...touch-less because if you've seen my truck you'll know why...once a month, I give her the full $15 full wash and "ceramic" sealant...and it works! Asides from this main wash, I'll use coin wash to rinse and to this day, her paint looks like new...
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
move here to michigan driveway not near that hot
Lol no thanks. I lived in MA for 50 years and dealt with my share of cold weather. Now I'd rather be hot than cold any day. ?:sun::tumbleweed:

Stevescootz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Hate to hijack the thread, but i've been looking into doing the touchless washes as a good rinse, but worried about damaging my ceramic coat. The weather here in BC has been horrendous for washing, plus i live in an apartment building with underground parking... so no real place to wash anyways. Havent fully cleaned the truck since i got it lol, just keep rinsing off at a coin wash.
So whats the consensus on the touchless washes hurting the ceramic coat?
Ideally i would like to hit a touchless wash then use the rinseless stuff to fully clean whats left off.
Thoughts?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hate to hijack the thread, but i've been looking into doing the touchless washes as a good rinse, but worried about damaging my ceramic coat. The weather here in BC has been horrendous for washing, plus i live in an apartment building with underground parking... so no real place to wash anyways. Havent fully cleaned the truck since i got it lol, just keep rinsing off at a coin wash.
So whats the consensus on the touchless washes hurting the ceramic coat?
Ideally i would like to hit a touchless wash then use the rinseless stuff to fully clean whats left off.
Thoughts?
Doing a touchless or a coin wash (with the self serve hand wands) are good. This is how I did it when I was back east and my truck was dirty with salt and winter gunk. After that using a rinse less wash should be fine as long as you got the major salt off it. Come spring give it a good rinse before hand washing so you don't scratch the finish. Ceramic is a harder coating so it's more forgiving than regular waxes.
Sponsored