Question about installing a tonneau cover?

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
Hey everyone,

I just bought a Gator retractable cover and started installation yesterday. It like every other retractable has two drain tubes. My question is because when my truck came in I had the dealership spray a Line X liner before I went to go pick it up as it was surprisingly $150 cheaper through the dealer. In looking at the bed there are two 2x4 pill shaped protrusions that appear to be some sort of black plastic when I shine a flashlight between the bed and cab. I can't tell from the bed side because Line-X sprayed over them.

I'm surmising that I should drill into these as the drain tubes align perfectly with them. Where these removable? Can someone just confirm what they are? I'm not really excited about the thought of drilling into the metal bed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
HELLO? ANYONE??

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
If your referring to the two plugs that are at the bottom corners of the front bulkhead...yes, those are rubber. They are easy to cut a hole in them for the drain, IF that is what the instructions are indicating. They are a simple rubber plug, and it has a Ford part # if you ever need to replace them.

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
If your referring to the two plugs that are at the bottom corners of the front bulkhead...yes, those are rubber. They are easy to cut a hole in them for the drain, IF that is what the instructions are indicating. They are a simple rubber plug, and it has a Ford part # if you ever need to replace them.
Thank you sir. Hard to tell since Line-X idiotically sprayed over them.

TheAssuager

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Supercrew XLT
Yes, drill there and run drain tubes there. When I got my BAK cover, I contacted support about where to run the drains. They told me to run them there. That's what I did - they look and work great. Probably need to shorten the tubes thought! Thanks,
IMG_2300.jpg
Sponsored