Powertrain Malfunction...?

missesbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew Sport
It might have hit a wiring connector, or sensor. Hope you get it fixed fast.
Thanks - me too! Still waiting...the holiday slowed things down I think.

UPDATE: The piece of tire that I ran over hit the wiring harness in the front and damaged some of the wires. It will have to be replaced and hopefully, all will work normally after that. Thanks for everyone who sent ideas!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I had that pop-up a couple weeks ago. Remote started it, got in, turned the key on, and that popped up. Along with errors for the ABS, Terrain Management, Trail Control, Stability Control, and Traction Control. I checked it on my phone with the Bluetooth OBD-II reader I have plugged into the port all the time, and it said it was an ABS failure, which caused everything associated with the ABS to not work. I just drove it home for lunch and it drove fine. Turned it on after lunch to drive back to work and it was all gone. Figured it was just a little split second glitch between the engine start and ABS system start and the computer freaked out. Nothing before, nothing since.

I always learn about the code, if it's nothing serious I'll clear it (or let it clear itself), and if it comes back then I know it's a real problem. If it doesn't, it was probably just a freak thing.
Bluetooth OBD2 reader? Where and what kind? Do you like it, does it seem worthwhile? I need to get a new scanner, but if this Bluetooth thang works that would be cool.

Deleted member 1634

Bluetooth OBD2 reader? Where and what kind? Do you like it, does it seem worthwhile? I need to get a new scanner, but if this Bluetooth thang works that would be cool.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00652G...abc_BDC5C1DZN3PAZAFXVCNX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I like it a lot. It works well for what I need it to do. You can read and clear codes. As well as look at instantaneous gauge info that you can't otherwise access in the instrument cluster. Plus, since it uses the phone, you can just leave it plugged in all the time, or at least in the truck, and can easily connect to it and read in the moment.

Take a look, and if it meets your needs, got for it!

Mid-Size

Hello all,

I just had this happen to me this morning after driving to breakfast with the family. Remote started walking to the truck afterwards got in turned the key and engine died, that exact error popped up! Waited a minute, opened the door and turned the key and then it started but with no error and drove perfectly fine home.

FYI - bone stock truck, the drive there was 100% un-eventful... just a casual stroll to breakfast.
Sponsored