Our Thoughts on the New 2022 Ford Maverick Pickup

Deleted member 1634

Exactly right this isn't for "truck guys" this is designed for the weekend warrior or soccer mom who need a truck bed once in a while. I don't know why so many cant see this? It's not like they're taking the Ranger away and replacing it with the Maverick.

I said this before this will be a huge hit with smaller deliver companies, pest control companies like Orkin and the retires guy who doesn't want a mid size truck but still does some handyman work. Plus it's not as high as the Ranger so people will love being able to reach over the sides and into the bed and it'll be a lot easier to get in and out of.
These are some of the exact reasons my grandparents are looking at getting one! They currently have an older Ranger and a 2017 Escape. My grandpa only uses the bed of his Ranger for handiwork and hauling things for the church, since he's 88 and all. And my grandma can't get into it. So the Maverick would be perfect for them. They can trade both of their current vehicles in and, with how high trade in values are, they could probably get into a Maverick for only a few thousand more. Especially with his Z-plan pricing. And with the Hybrid system they would barely use any gas just going to church, the doctors, and visiting the grandkids down the road. It's honestly an amazing all around vehicle

We got to see a couple in person at the EAA AirVenture airshow in Oshkosh this past week (Ford is a major sponsor of this event and EAA in general) and were very impressed. The looks might be polarizing to some, but in person, it's a bit more understated and subtle, especially given its size and presence.

And to those having issue or being confused by the topper. Adding a topper to the Mav essentially makes it a larger crossover with so much covered storage space, but for a fraction of the price and higher mileage. And especially since most Maverick owners likely won't be hauling around tall armoires and the like. I don't necessarily like that look of the Ford branded topper specifically, but who cares given all the benefits you get from it.

I can tell it'll be hit because I've already had multiple conversations with people about it. And they're the ones who brought it up, not me! Just regular everyday non car enthusiast people! In my experience the Maverick has already surpassed the Ranger's public presence with regular people.
Sponsored

MinuteMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Fart Can collector
Sir, this is a Wendy's.

I'm playing. California laws are awful. I lived there for 5 years and it amazes me the shit you guys put up with.
What is a Wendy’s?

MinuteMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Fart Can collector