OE sourced (kind of) lower grill insert

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
That’s really great work, and no way I’d had the capability or ability!
But, to me, it really looks like debris could still get to the inter coolers. But, it’s still more than I have. It’sa source of worry and poor engineering, in my mind. Anyone had damage yet?
Sponsored

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
But, to me, it really looks like debris could still get to the inter coolers. But, it’s still more than I have. It’sa source of worry and poor engineering, in my mind. Anyone had damage yet?
My opinion is that this mod offers adequate protection and more so than stock, the intercooler sits pretty high as is seeing that it's a truck. Several sports cars have this type of protection or none at all covering the radiators or intercoolers.

With my two Lotus cars, my rads and oil coolers sit inches off the ground in the front with much larger openings and a similar protection grid and I have yet to see any trouble/damage. I've also ran front mount coolers completely exposed as well, no issue. The Rangers cooler is pretty protected sitting behind the grill and bumper and like said, sits pretty high off the ground. With this mod, its even more protected. I don't feel this is bad engineering from Ford.

OP
OP
Kevin Franklin

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! Hopefully this will keep the majority of potentially damaging debris from reaching the intercooler. I have seen some interesting items that have made their way into openings on the front of vehicles and I hope this will keep that from happening. With the nose being very well sealed from the factory, the lower opening was the remaining entrance. It just made sense to me to fabricate the grill.

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Thank you! Hopefully this will keep the majority of potentially damaging debris from reaching the intercooler. I have seen some interesting items that have made their way into openings on the front of vehicles and I hope this will keep that from happening. With the nose being very well sealed from the factory, the lower opening was the remaining entrance. It just made sense to me to fabricate the grill.

I can truthfully respond that you are quite talented as to have constructed this grill!!
If I completed one, mine would look like chicken wire!
Stunning work!
Enjoy!

OP
OP
Kevin Franklin

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can truthfully respond that you are quite talented as to have constructed this grill!!
If I completed one, mine would look like chicken wire!
Stunning work!
Enjoy!
I really enjoy this type of work. It has served me well

OP
OP
Kevin Franklin

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I finally found time to paint the fabricated grill and surrounding lower area and was able to get the color very close to the factory low sheen dark gray used on the upper grill and surrounds. When I now look at the front end, I see a what I consider a more finished product.

IMG_20200402_113751.jpg

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
I'm one step away from completing my lower grill insert. Painting it to match. It all started with a donor grill from a Crown Victoria police car. Several modifications later, including sectioning in honeycomb material in place of the Ford badge location and we have a grill that matches the contour and is flush with the adjoining faux side grill pieces. I am quite pleased with the results. I will post some finished pics once I have painted it to match.
IMG_20200308_153408.jpg
IMG_20200308_181012.jpg
IMG_20200308_181012.jpg
IMG_20200320_184453.jpg
IMG_20200320_184507.jpg

IMG_20200308_140316.jpg

IMG_20200320_175213.jpg
Nice Work !!
Sponsored