Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Doug,

I am trying to adapt to the change, but I am asking myself what is better...is this just change for the sake of change or is there an improvement. For me currently, the answer is No.... a degradation, but not an improvement. I wold like the Administrators to do something like Firefox does and outline the changes and improvements with tips on how to access or modify the improvements. So far...it is only coping with another website that elected to change with no sound reasoning. Hope I am wrong. So I continue to cope with the change...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

I've been trying to get use to it for the last 24 hrs but I just can not! I agree there seems to be no significant changes except lets just change things for the sake of changing them. :crazy: It was nice when the emojis dropped down to the bottom and stayed there,now they drop down and block the screen. It looks like a teenager designed this and threw it together with no thought. I'm on a Mac laptop and can not get the font size sorted out,it's either way to big or to small and the pictures are gigantic now. Oh well,I guess it'll keep my off the computer and get more stuff done around the house now.
Sponsored

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I’m only a moderator so I can’t see what goes on code-wise, but I do know quite a bit about code releases. You can guarantee there were plenty of bug fixes and optimizations made behind the scenes as part of the release.

I know it can be frustrating having things change from the way you were used to, but also look at it this way... the owners care enough about security and the safety of your information to keep the software up to date.

If anything can be done to alleviate the little nags that appeared as a result of the update, I’m sure they will be handled. More info to come.

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
First, thank you for everyone's patience and keeping an open mind on the upgraded site. The previous forum software version reached end-of-life and was no longer being supported/updated by the developers. This meant that there would be no more security patches or improvements for it, so there was no choice but to upgrade.

This version is simply the next version (2.0) of the forum software and while upgrading to it, we also changed the style because the old style was no longer compatible with this new software version. Because we performed both changes simultaneously, it may appear that much has changed, but functionality is 95% the same as before since we're now simply running an updated version of the same software. You'll find various improvements upon the old version as you begin getting used to the new software version and style. Not only are there now functionality improvements, security is now improved/updated and will continue to be going forward.

There are still certain functions being restored -- such as the Garage. We hope to have it available again this week. Thanks for your patience!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.