First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
HVAC
Hello everyone, let me start by stating that I’m as green as a ripe banana in the truck world, more specifically the ranger world. I see a lot of builds on here and I’ve completely fallen in love with the 285 BFG KO2’s. I already have a 2.5” leveling kit, however most builds I see require spacers in addition. I live in MA and spacers are sadly illegal here. I would like to keep the stock rims I can but would anyone have any tips or advice? Not sure if it tells you the specs but it’s a 2020 XLT Fx4. I’m open to new tires and new sizes as well, thanks.
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Hello everyone, let me start by stating that I’m as green as a ripe banana in the truck world, more specifically the ranger world. I see a lot of builds on here and I’ve completely fallen in love with the 285 BFG KO2’s. I already have a 2.5” leveling kit, however most builds I see require spacers in addition. I live in MA and spacers are sadly illegal here. I would like to keep the stock rims I can but would anyone have any tips or advice? Not sure if it tells you the specs but it’s a 2020 XLT Fx4. I’m open to new tires and new sizes as well, thanks.
Do you have factory 17 or 18 inch rims?

OP
OP
MassRanger37

MassRanger37

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
HVAC
A little inspiration for ya! 285 bfg’s with a eibach pro lift 3 inch with 1 inch rear blocks and eibach rear shocks
IMG_2246.jpeg
Awesome looking truck man! I’m on somewhat of a budget due to how old I am but I will definitely consider the eibachs. Would the 285s fit on stock rear suspension and a 2.5” level? Thinking about swapping out the front crash bars with high intrusions from ReadyLift.

Dpg123

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
CDL holder
Awesome looking truck man! I’m on somewhat of a budget due to how old I am but I will definitely consider the eibachs. Would the 285s fit on stock rear suspension and a 2.5” level? Thinking about swapping out the front crash bars with high intrusions from ReadyLift.
Thanks!
The rear definitely no problem fitting the 285s. My crash bars are removed so I can’t speak to that but I think with 2.5 inch lift up front you could make those 285s fit. Sucks about the no spacer law. I lived in Quincy for a year and had to get out of that state lol, that’s another story though haha, but 285s are definitely gonna be tight especially at full lock. Maybe others will chime in for you

OP
OP
MassRanger37

MassRanger37

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
HVAC
Thanks!
The rear definitely no problem fitting the 285s. My crash bars are removed so I can’t speak to that but I think with 2.5 inch lift up front you could make those 285s fit. Sucks about the no spacer law. I lived in Quincy for a year and had to get out of that state lol, that’s another story though haha, but 285s are definitely gonna be tight especially at full lock. Maybe others will chime in for you
Oh cool lol, yeah Massachusetts is very strange about their laws. I had to check with a few family friend police officers to make sure I was within the regulations before even starting the buying process. How do you think the 285s would be if I cut out the crash bars? Not opposed to doing it, just looking for as many options as possible.

Dpg123

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDL holder
Oh cool lol, yeah Massachusetts is very strange about their laws. I had to check with a few family friend police officers to make sure I was within the regulations before even starting the buying process. How do you think the 285s would be if I cut out the crash bars? Not opposed to doing it, just looking for as many options as possible.
Still pretty tight I would imagine. I thought earlier maybe you could find a used 285 on marketplace or Craigslist or something and try it out?
In fact I’ve got a couple used 285/70-17 bfg tires. If you want I can ship you one of em to try out before you buy? Not sure what shipping would be, I’m in Denver. I got no problem doing that for you if you’d like. Just pay for the shipping. Just an option

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
A little inspiration for ya! 285 bfg’s with a eibach pro lift 3 inch with 1 inch rear blocks and eibach rear shocks
IMG_2246.jpeg
Looks perfect that. What offset are your wheels? I'm going to guess at zero

OP
OP
MassRanger37

MassRanger37

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
HVAC
Still pretty tight I would imagine. I thought earlier maybe you could find a used 285 on marketplace or Craigslist or something and try it out?
In fact I’ve got a couple used 285/70-17 bfg tires. If you want I can ship you one of em to try out before you buy? Not sure what shipping would be, I’m in Denver. I got no problem doing that for you if you’d like. Just pay for the shipping. Just an option
Oh that would be great, would sure as hell save me a lot of trouble before even knowing! How would we go about doing so?

Dpg123

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDL holder
Oh that would be great, would sure as hell save me a lot of trouble before even knowing! How would we go about doing so?
Well I’ve never shipped a tire before lol, I’ll call my local shipping store and see if they can ship a tire, if so I’ll take it there tomorrow and see what they charge me. You got Venmo or PayPal? I’ll message you after you reply :)

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver
I have 285's and I took the crash bars out. Still rubbed at full turn so I took those plastic pieces off also. I have a 2" lift with 1 1/2" spacers. 285/70/17 is my tire size. I also have a Tremor.

BRanger

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 301a XLT Cactus Grey
I'll be installing 285/70/17 KO2's on my stock 17" Sport Wheels, 2.5" RC Level, and 1" Spacers on Wednesday and let you know how they fit. I know you can't do spacers, so I can take one off and check clearance for you. I'm trying to keep crash bars in for now until I get everything mounted and can see clearance.

OP
OP
MassRanger37

MassRanger37

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
HVAC
I'll be installing 285/70/17 KO2's on my stock 17" Sport Wheels, 2.5" RC Level, and 1" Spacers on Wednesday and let you know how they fit. I know you can't do spacers, so I can take one off and check clearance for you. I'm trying to keep crash bars in for now until I get everything mounted and can see clearance.
Oh that would be great, I would definitely like to keep my crash bars in just because you never know. Thanks man let me know how it goes!
Sponsored