Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20201218_182247490.jpg

There's was only 2 reasons I had the F250, a trailer and a wife. Got rid of both of em'!
Plus I had the 6.4L and after I spent 15k on a turbo I was done. It just became a money pit. They gave me $14,600 for it. Sold! Take it away!
Congratulations on your new Ranger! Back in 2019, my sales advisor was also nice enough to bring my former ride up next to my new ride so that I could transfer my stuff. Makes for a convenient move--and a beautiful memory!

IMG_3003.JPG
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Seems really odd to me.

I've only traded in a vehicle one time. In general it's a losing endeavor so I avoid it if I can.

However, the one time I traded in a vehicle I cleaned out my personal items at the house before I left.

Are you guys buying vehicles on a whim?

I mean, a modicum of a planning can avoid having to do this.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Seems really odd to me.

I've only traded in a vehicle one time. In general it's a losing endeavor so I avoid it if I can.

However, the one time I traded in a vehicle I cleaned out my personal items at the house before I left.

I don't see what would be saved by this "modicum of planning." It all has to be moved from one vehicle to another. Why add another step, cleaning personal items out of the older vehicle, leaving them at home, and then transferring them to the new one?

parkranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX super crew
Occupation
Locksmith
I don't see what would be saved by this "modicum of planning." It all has to be moved from one vehicle to another. Why add another step, cleaning personal items out of the older vehicle, leaving them at home, and then transferring them to the new one?
Usually, my vehicle is so dirty, dusty, and chihuahua'd up inside that I need to clean thoroughly if I expect more than $100 for the trade in. :crazy:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Now I feel like a complete OCD Retard.

If I go get the Truck Washed, I completely download everything out of it except the radio that is mounted behind the seat. Then when the truck is clean I go through everything and put back the stuff that is still good / needed.

If I'm selling? She goes to the lot as close to stock as possible. No radio or anything else.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody got a particular procedure on moving bowels. :ontheloo:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
How about the popup ad that says never wipe again. :crackup: :handsinair:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Time spent at a dealership is what would be saved.

After all the bullshit involved in buying a car I just want to take my new ride out of that cesspool as quickly as possible.

How much crap do guys keep in your vehicles? I keep an icescraper half the year, the other half of the year it's my insurance/registration info in the glovebox, first aid kit and SHTF get me home rifle in the trunk. Easy enough to pull out when putting stock wheels and tires back on.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Seems really odd to me.

Actually, I was only going to "look"(lol) and compare the Ranger and the Bronco.
Before I left I saw a new oil leak that developed in my F250. (Did some high speed dessert racing the week before) that was it, I was done dumping money into the damn F250.
Didn't like the seats in the Bronco. I was hesitant on the 4 cyl, but I took it on the freeway and the power surprised me.
Sold, plus the price they gave me for the "Great White Whale"(F250) was enough to push me over the edge and buy the Ranger.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Actually, I was only going to "look"(lol) and compare the Ranger and the Bronco.
Before I left I saw a new oil leak that developed in my F250. (Did some high speed dessert racing the week before) that was it, I was done dumping money into the damn F250.
Didn't like the seats in the Bronco. I was hesitant on the 4 cyl, but I took it on the freeway and the power surprised me.
Sold, plus the price they gave me for the "Great White Whale"(F250) was enough to push me over the edge and buy the Ranger.
That's understandable.

To be clear you were looking at a Bronco Sport right? Or do they finally have Bronco mannequins at some dealerships?

Congrats on the ride. I love the blue.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
That's understandable.

To be clear you were looking at a Bronco Sport right? Or do they finally have Bronco mannequins at some dealerships?

Congrats on the ride. I love the blue.
They had the Sports on the lot. Didn't like em'.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
how much crap are you carrying? LOL
a couple shopping bags and my trucks empty. it's not that big of a task where doing a second step becomes a burden
3 shopping bags for me.
Sponsored