Maximum Tyre size on Ranger Raptor with standard rims?

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone confirm bigger tyre sizes without modification of wheel arches etc?
Looking for options for larger tyres and possibly a 5cm(2Inch)lift. But don't want to spend on extra set of rims.
20200623_115705.jpg

Thanks.
Sponsored

bigkuri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
One of the Aussie YouTubers said that 35's would fit with no lift, BUT he used different rims with different offset. It's a question I'm interested in myself...
Saying that a 50mm spring lift via Kings is a pretty cheap way to get a bit more height. Not sure anyone offers complete lift kits yet; just springs.
Oh and Hi everyone, long time lurker for good info, but my first post...

OP
OP
Raptor-EU

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
One of the Aussie YouTubers said that 35's would fit with no lift, BUT he used different rims with different offset. It's a question I'm interested in myself...
Saying that a 50mm spring lift via Kings is a pretty cheap way to get a bit more height. Not sure anyone offers complete lift kits yet; just springs.
Correct, I have seen his videos. But don't want to use other wheels.

There are shock extenders 2" available in Germany, plus a 4" bodykit.

So 6" total, but again with other wheels(offset) and some modifications needed(?).

Even 2" ain't cheap. But have European certification. I might have to call them directly and ask what is possible.

lanceriley

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Farmer
interested in this as well.. i don't want to modify the suspension in any way... so curious how big a tire can i go?

OP
OP
Raptor-EU

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
There must be someone who knows the answer. Please respond.

OP
OP
Raptor-EU

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, @TYFenwick used other rims. And Damo @Roundthefire just received his new Raptor after his previous was stolen.

TheLocal

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
PT
Hello, I’ve recently fitted as far as I’m aware the same spec wheels as TY (METHOD RACE WHEELS CON6 +35), alongside some Maxxis Razr 305/70/17. They are just smaller than the tyres TY fitted (BFG 315/70/17) He mentioned that they don’t rub at all, however I’ve found that mine just rubbed on the top of the mud flap (which I just sanded off) under full lock. Apart from that I’m getting and haven’t had any issues.
I know the wheels aren’t stock, but hope this helps a little.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I’ve recently fitted as far as I’m aware the same spec wheels as TY (METHOD RACE WHEELS CON6 +35), alongside some Maxxis Razr 305/70/17. They are just smaller than the tyres TY fitted (BFG 315/70/17) He mentioned that they don’t rub at all, however I’ve found that mine just rubbed on the top of the mud flap (which I just sanded off) under full lock. Apart from that I’m getting and haven’t had any issues.
I know the wheels aren’t stock, but hope this helps a little.
Hi Gary,

This is useful to other ROW Ranger folks. What I do not know are the differences in the frame between ROW and North American Ranger, but I recall that the ROW does not have crash bars which the NA Rangers have to have to meet crash standards in North America. I think you have a much greater latitude in tire (Tyer) size than NA Rangers.

Please do not stop posting as we find posts from around the world useful as well as interesting. These forums are mostly NA based but Rangers from around the world are welcome as well...it is just that there are unique differences that cannot be addressed by owners of NA Rangers.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Iancoll

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wildtrack , 2016 mustang got , Mercedes e53amg
Occupation
Company director
Hi Gary,

This is useful to other ROW Ranger folks. What I do not know are the differences in the frame between ROW and North American Ranger, but I recall that the ROW does not have crash bars which the NA Rangers have to have to meet crash standards in North America. I think you have a much greater latitude in tire (Tyer) size than NA Rangers.

Please do not stop posting as we find posts from around the world useful as well as interesting. These forums are mostly NA based but Rangers from around the world are welcome as well...it is just that there are unique differences that cannot be addressed by owners of NA Rangers.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
sorry to sound stupid but where is ROW ????

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ian not stupid at all,there are so many abbreviations here its hard to keep up with them. Bret
Hi Bret,

Sorry to Ian...should have clarified. Sometimes...going too fast but in this case I am overcome with sadness as I lost my best friends in Michigan to Covid19. She preceded him by two days but neither one made it...78 years old..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Hi Bret,

Sorry to Ian...should have clarified. Sometimes...going too fast but in this case I am overcome with sadness as I lost my best friends in Michigan to Covid19. She preceded him by two days but neither one made it...78 years old..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sorry to hear that Phil, covid is everywhere and doesnt discriminate. I was hoping it to be under control by now but thats just a wishful thought. We are going back to grocery stores with some empty shelves as people are gearing up for round two. Again sorry to hear about your friends,stay safe and wear a mask .

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Bret,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I'm sorry Phil...lost a childhood friend this week myself.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry Phil...lost a childhood friend this week myself.
Hi Tracy,

Sorry to hear of your loss. This virus is awful!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored